Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Uninstall Ie 8

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 mthigpen_02

mthigpen_02

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:36 AM

Posted 10 April 2008 - 10:45 AM

I know I should be able to go to control panel, add/remove programs and click uninstall but its not on the list even with show updates turned on. Any ideas?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Teenage.Zombiee

Teenage.Zombiee

• Members
  • 831 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:36 PM

Posted 10 April 2008 - 11:10 AM

Try looking for Windows Internet Explorer 8. or anything that says Internet Explorer in it in add or remove progs

Teenage.Zombiee is back ! :halloween:

#3 mthigpen_02

mthigpen_02
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 10 April 2008 - 11:27 AM

I have nothing that says IE 8. I have only 4 updates for IE 7. I uninstalled them and then tried to install IE 7 again but I get a message about having a newer version already installed. Thats what every thing says just uninstall IE 8 from the list but its not on the list

#4 HitSquad

HitSquad

You're Bleepin' or you're Weepin'

• Members
  • 1,573 posts
  •  

Posted 10 April 2008 - 12:04 PM

Just to clarify, in XP it will be listed as a "program", in Vista, an "update". Both will say "Windows Internet Explorer 8" (beta)
If you have not rebooted since the install of IE8 then do so and check again.
If you have already done that, reinstall it again then reboot to see if it appears in your programs menu.
Beyond that, it's wait for MS to fix it and use another browser, or the dredded reformat. I trust you know SP2 is a prerequisite?

#5 mthigpen_02

mthigpen_02
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 11 April 2008 - 10:00 AM

I tried to reinstall IE 8 but still can not find it in my add/remove programs list. Any more suggestions?

#6 Teenage.Zombiee

Teenage.Zombiee

• Members
  • 831 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:36 PM

Posted 11 April 2008 - 10:48 AM

What is in your add or remove list?

Please list everything.

Teenage.Zombiee is back ! :halloween:

#7 ///

///

• Members
  • 148 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:36 AM

Posted 11 April 2008 - 03:13 PM

If you install IE8 it automatically overwrites it usually. So it replaces the broken IE :thumbsup:

#8 mthigpen_02

mthigpen_02
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 14 April 2008 - 08:54 AM

I finally got it uninstalled by reinstalling it 2 times before it showed up in my add/remove program list. Thanks for the tip. Now I will stick to Firefox.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users