Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Converting Vhs Videos To Dvd Digital?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 bluesjunior

bluesjunior

• Members
  • 761 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:32 PM

Posted 10 April 2008 - 07:55 AM

Reading the paper this morning I saw an ad for a VHS/DVD/DVD Recorder @60. This set me thinking about converting all my VHS recordings into DVD or Digitalised. I did a google search to see if the appliance mentioned was capable of converting VHS to DVD or did it just record digitally from the TV. Didn't really understand all the +R's and -R's tagged onto the descriptions and as most of the Googled hits were to company's offering to do it for you for 15 for converting 3hrs of Video to digital I thought maybe it is not so simple, and decided to come here and ask you clever people for a bit of advise instead.

Any way my question is what is the easiest, simplest and cheapest way to convert my ancient VHS collection to DVD?. Thanks in advance for any replies.
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-MA770T-UD3, CPU: AMD Athlon II X3 450 Processor, Memory: OCZ 4GB (2x2GB) DDR3 1333MHz,Graphics: PowerColor HD 5750 1GB GDDR5,
PSU: Corsair 430W CX PSU 4x SATA 1x PCI-E, Hard Drive:Samsung SpinPoint F3 500GB Hard Drive SATAII 7200rpm 16MB Cache.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 HitSquad

HitSquad

You're Bleepin' or you're Weepin'

• Members
  • 1,573 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:32 PM

Posted 10 April 2008 - 10:03 AM

Hi bluesjunior.
There are multiple ways to do it. Probably the cheapest and easiest way is to use something like this. Everything you need is in the box.
I use to have the same thing (slightly older model though). I still have it but no longer use it in favor of a capture card and pinnacle studio instead. Keep in mind that whatever you use, you still get vhs quality on dvd disk. Because you are recording in realtime, it's also a long process. Set it and go do something else for a couple hours. :thumbsup:

Edited by HitSquad, 10 April 2008 - 10:11 AM.

#3 bluesjunior

bluesjunior
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 761 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:32 PM

Posted 10 April 2008 - 01:07 PM

Thanks for that HitSquad I will have a look at the link.
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-MA770T-UD3, CPU: AMD Athlon II X3 450 Processor, Memory: OCZ 4GB (2x2GB) DDR3 1333MHz,Graphics: PowerColor HD 5750 1GB GDDR5,
PSU: Corsair 430W CX PSU 4x SATA 1x PCI-E, Hard Drive:Samsung SpinPoint F3 500GB Hard Drive SATAII 7200rpm 16MB Cache.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users