Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Anyone Have An Interest In The Comodo Av?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 rlprlp

rlprlp

• Members
  • 198 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:31 PM

Posted 10 April 2008 - 07:23 AM

Is anyone using or following the Comodo AV program? It seems to me that it has been a beta version for an awfully long time. It is going to be a completely free AV, full-featured, and not a "stripped-down" version of a paid-for product.

I may be interested in trying it once it is finally released as an official product. Of course, like any (and every) company, their web site makes it sound like the no-contest best product ever. I'd appreciate comments from unbiased, experienced users.

Thank you to all who take the time to reply.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Teenage.Zombiee

Teenage.Zombiee

• Members
  • 831 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:31 PM

Posted 10 April 2008 - 07:36 AM

I think I might give it a try soon. It seems quiet promising.

Comodo Anti Vius <- for those who are interested

Teenage.Zombiee is back ! :halloween:

#3 jgweed

jgweed

• Staff Emeritus
  • 28,473 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:31 PM

Posted 10 April 2008 - 08:21 AM

As long as it is in Beta status, it should not be your primary or sole anti-virus application. The best rule is to never use Beta applications for mission-critical tasks, since by definition they are not fully tested, complete, and without bugs, and are put forth for testing by the general user.
Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#4 bluesjunior

bluesjunior

• Members
  • 761 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:31 AM

Posted 12 April 2008 - 05:41 AM

I am a big fan of Comodo Products and I use both the Firewall v3 and BoClean on my PC. I tried the AV about 6mths ago but eventually went back to Avira Antivir due to some forget what they were niggly little problems with the Beta AV. I keep an eye on the Comodo forums and as soon as they have a release candidate for the AV I wiil undoubtably change back again but not yet.
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-MA770T-UD3, CPU: AMD Athlon II X3 450 Processor, Memory: OCZ 4GB (2x2GB) DDR3 1333MHz,Graphics: PowerColor HD 5750 1GB GDDR5,
PSU: Corsair 430W CX PSU 4x SATA 1x PCI-E, Hard Drive:Samsung SpinPoint F3 500GB Hard Drive SATAII 7200rpm 16MB Cache.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users