Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows Tv/video Connection

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 slashdot

slashdot

• Members
  • 25 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:00 PM

Posted 10 April 2008 - 06:39 AM

Hi. I'm using windows Xp service pack 2. Normally when i dont use my webcam i plug it off the system.... when i need to use it i plug it in. I use logitech Cam. My problem is when ever i plug my webcam in n try to use it...windows goes make a local area connection of it's own.... n it's shown in network connection(in control pannel) page just next to my oder connection. it says windows tv/video connection. I'm withbroadband using d-link 302g external modem. The connection for my broand band in uder Local area connection 2.....so i's wondering does windows suppose to suck kinda thing? i tried to delete the connection but it says i can do it as oder applications might using it....when i click on the properties it has my subnet musk (as same my broand band one) with a ip like 0.1.0.4 something. And the connection windows make is under Local area connection name...btw when i restart my system it goes away it self!!!!..... plz help me out.....looking forward from the fellow users n Staffs :thumbsup: thnx in advance :flowers:

I tried my best to describe my problem...plz xcuse my bad english.... n if i'v posted it in the wrong section :trumpet:

Edited by slashdot, 10 April 2008 - 06:40 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,887 posts
  •  

Posted 10 April 2008 - 08:23 AM

I also have a Logitech webcam...and I always elect to not allow such connection to be made or connect to the Internet.

From description of Logitech QuickCam: "Note: Video e-mail, video calls, instant messaging and videoconferencing require Internet connection." I'm guessing that this connection is for facilitation of these functions. Since I don't engage in any of those, I don't need the connection.

I do not show this connection existing on my system, but I do remember being asked about it, either by my firewall or by the software used to install the webcam.

Louis

#3 slashdot

slashdot
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 25 posts
  •  

Posted 10 April 2008 - 09:44 AM

I also have a Logitech webcam...and I always elect to not allow such connection to be made or connect to the Internet.

From description of Logitech QuickCam: "Note: Video e-mail, video calls, instant messaging and videoconferencing require Internet connection." I'm guessing that this connection is for facilitation of these functions. Since I don't engage in any of those, I don't need the connection.

I do not show this connection existing on my system, but I do remember being asked about it, either by my firewall or by the software used to install the webcam.

Louis

thnx for ur quick response :trumpet: so wat should i do now :thumbsup: is it happening coz i might hv ticket any option when installing logitech quick cam software...how to over come dis prolem :flowers: is it harmful by any chance or i can leave it like that? plz guide me through :inlove: thnx in advance

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,887 posts
  •  

Posted 10 April 2008 - 01:31 PM

Well...if I wanted to remove it, I suppose I'd remove the webcam and software...reboot...and install it again, noting carefully for any indication that Logitech wants to configure this.

Another option would be look closely at the current configuration options and see if if can be negated.

If you use any of the functions I mentioned pertaining to possible use of this, then leave it as is.

I would also visit the Logitech website FAQ/forums and see if there is more info.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users