I do know that a HijackThis log will definitely help matters a lot in this situation. However, it won't run. I got it to install, and it's in it's own directory in my start menu, but whenever I click on that or the desktop shortcut, my cursor will just flash the hourglass briefly and that's that. I booted up in safe mode and tried to open it there....same thing. How would I remedy this so as to get a log to post on here?
That said, let me describe some of the issues I'm having. (I have Windows XP by the way.)
- Starting up Windows is a chore...error messages pop up constantly.
- The typical Red X in toolbar that flashes "Your computer is infected!"
- A yellow triangle (sometimes red) with an exclamation mark let's me know I have spyware too.
- Can't open up Task Manager without running task manager fix program.
- Control panel is nowhere to be found.
- (Probably related...) When I click on the time, it says that it can't open due to restrictions and that I have to contact my administrator.
- Yahoo and Google searches are a pain...whenever I click on any search result, it sends me to a fake pop-up search site.
- Spybot won't open, but is running in the background somewhere, even after I uninstalled it and restarted my computer. It keeps giving me messages telling me that an important registry has changed.
- Desktop is just a blue background with a message telling me that I'm infected and has a link to a spyware scan site.
- Screensaver has changed to flies that crawl around and eat my desktop.
That's all that I can think of off the top of my head....
Edited by Orange Blossom, 10 April 2008 - 08:34 PM.
Moved to more appropriate forum. ~ OB