Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer Running Slow Sometimes...

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 latinodancer15

latinodancer15

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:11 PM

Posted 09 April 2008 - 11:17 PM

Well, I scanned an IDE hard drive filled with viruses, and ever since then my computer hasn't been running on it's top performance. I've purchased System Mechanics, and TuneUp Utilities, but it still continues to run sluggish.

I'm running out of ideas here.

I have posted this on at the Malware section (http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=135714&st=0&gopid=791829&#entry791829), but there isn't anything vicious in my computer.

I'm running Windows XP SP2, 512 MB ram, 2.80 Ghz. Prior to hooking up the external hard drive, my computer would excellent, yet now, there's always something going on with the computer that I don't know about.

Any ideas?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,608 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:11 PM

Posted 09 April 2008 - 11:55 PM

What is the capacity of you hdd, and how much free space do you have?

When was the last time that you defragged the hdd?

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 latinodancer15

latinodancer15
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:11 PM

Posted 10 April 2008 - 12:07 AM

I have a 160 GB hard drive with 67.4 GB of free space.

I defragmented about a month ago. Even when I had performed the defragmentation, the computer was still running the way it does now: slow, and at times, unresponsive.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users