Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Flash Games on 98?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 yano

yano

I can see what you post!

• Members
  • 6,469 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:27 AM

Posted 22 March 2005 - 06:36 PM

Ok i put in a post in the general forum if i could find games for win 98, and could run on a computer with 64mb of ram...

well i got some flash games from various sites, and i was wondering if i installed firefox, and then installed flash player for firefox, would i be able to play .swf without opening firefox? (the reason i would want to install firefox so i would be to get flash player installed.)

will this work?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 tg1911

tg1911

Lord Spam Magnet

• Members
  • 19,274 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:27 AM

Posted 22 March 2005 - 07:10 PM

If Firefox is set as your default browser, it should work.

Just a guess.
MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P, CPU: Phenom II X4 955 Deneb BE, HS/F: CoolerMaster V8, RAM: 2 x 1G Kingston HyperX DDR2 800, VGA: ECS GeForce Black GTX 560, PSU: Antec TruePower Modular 750W, Soundcard: Asus Xonar D1, Case: CoolerMaster COSMOS 1000, Storage: Internal - 2 x Seagate 250GB SATA, 2 x WD 1TB SATA; External - Seagate 500GB USB, WD 640GB eSATA, 3 x WD 1TB eSATA

Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#3 yano

yano

I can see what you post!

• Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6,469 posts
  •  

Posted 22 March 2005 - 07:54 PM

I don't want to play the flash game inside firefox. I just want to play it with Flash Player. But i'm not sure if this will work, and I don't want to install macromedia Flash MX just to get this to work.

#4 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,593 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:27 AM

Posted 23 March 2005 - 11:06 AM

Is there a stand alone flash player? I dont believe there is one so you will need to run it in a browser

#5 Leurgy

Leurgy

Voted most likely

• Members
  • 3,831 posts
  •  

Posted 23 March 2005 - 08:31 PM

Shockwave is the standalone flash player from macromedia.com, the makers of flash. They have some good free games on their site for it as well as just flash games for playing.

When the only tool you own is a hammer, every problem begins to resemble a nail. Abraham Maslo

**** We use our powers for good, not evil ****

Trying to remove your data from the web is like trying to remove pee from a swimming pool

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users