Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Hello To All Who Frequent These Hallowed Halls ...

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 NYtrans

NYtrans

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:36 PM

Posted 09 April 2008 - 05:51 PM

... although I signed on a few days back this is my first post and I would just like to start by saying Thank You for being here and doing what you're doing.

When I signed on - I was literally at the verge of tossing this particular "bleeping" computer out the window and would have done so had I NOT stumbled upon this site while frantically searching about for ANSWERS.

Admittedly I was a tad hesitant (and ever suspicious of just "what I might be getting into THIS TIME" by signing on) but was totally elated by "what I did find" the moment I entered. I could see that THE answers, to the thousands of prayers & curses I've rendered over the years (and tears I've shed) were truly at hand and "hope", once again, sprang eternal.

Since then - I have arduosly been attempting to meet ALL the recommended ?requirements? in preparing this unit (and myself) so that I might prevail upon this most generous gift without unduly stressing its provider(s).

So far - it ain't been easy - but then again I was already *crippled when I came in and each step has brought some improvement. I know there is "light" at the end of the tunnel contained somewhere within these pages. And, even if I don't find it - I've already learned from the journey and look forward to sharing the rest of it with fellow travelers.

*crippled : Not only am I suffering from a severe case of ?malware? (I think it's called) from having downloaded Flashplayer 9 and wound up with screen loads of "fun pages" I can't get rid of, but I am also working from a dial-up connection on a unit which is a hand-me-down laptop - because my previous hand-me-down desktop went a bit blooey and totally dropped over the edge when I tried to make a ?connection? between the two ???

Again - my heartfelt THANKS to this sites founders, and ALL its contributors - jts

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 TMacK

TMacK

• Members
  • 4,672 posts
  •  

Posted 09 April 2008 - 05:59 PM

Hi NYtrans, Welcome to Bleeping Computer :thumbsup:

Thanks are always appreciated!
Just remember, our Members are more than willing to help solve any problem you might have.

Please take a moment and visit the New User Orientation section, to get familiarized with how the board works.

There is also an extensive Tutorials section, that offers a wide range of information and solutions.
Chaos reigns within.
Reflect, repent, and reboot.
Order shall return.

aaaaaaaa a~Suzie Wagner

#3 jgweed

jgweed

• Staff Emeritus
  • 28,473 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:36 PM

Posted 10 April 2008 - 09:05 AM

And remember, if you cannot find the solution to your problem already discussed, you can post about it so that our Members can help you.
Welcome to this great user community!
Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#4 NYtrans

NYtrans
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 10 April 2008 - 06:03 PM

Thx Tm & jg - I am sure I'll enjoy my stay and plan on it being an "extensive" one. I've got a LOT of reading, searching and checking about to do and I'm looking forward to every moment.

Thx agn for being here - jts

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users