I really haven't found any legitmate source that endorsed "the Shield", it's advertising and testimonials have made me very skeptical.
By all means try to clean up Nortons and McAfee, there are plenty of guides on the web, I am not a supporter of protection suites, they have some use? Nortons and McAfee both do a good job if you can stand the performance hit. Even then you need some extra layers of protection that supplement them.
McAfee Security Center w/firewall would have been my choice for all-in-one protection
Why not try a test of shields, do a scan and save a log.
- Please download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and save it to a convenient location.
- Double click on mbam-setup.exe to install it.
- Before clicking the Finish button, make sure that these 2 boxes are checked (ticked):
- Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
- Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware will now check for updates. If your firewall prompts, please allow it. If you can't update it, select the Update tab. Under Update Mirror, select one of the websites and click on Check for Updates.
- Select the Scanner tab. Click on Perform quick scan, then click on Scan.
- Leave the default options as it is and click on Start Scan.
- When done, you will be prompted. Click OK, then click on Show Results.
- Checked (ticked) all items and click on Remove Selected.
- After it has removed the items, Notepad will open. Please post this log in your next reply. You can also find the log in the Logs tab. The bottom most log is the latest.
post both logs without cleaning or removing anything
Edited by DaChew, 10 April 2008 - 02:02 PM.