Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

I Really Screwed Up...i Think

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 AFVM

AFVM

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:06 AM

Posted 09 April 2008 - 02:08 PM

The saga continues...
My daughter had the BSOD. I went to help her, but nothing worked so we (I) decided to redo the Windows XP operating system. It got all the way through to the list where it checks off and then it would stop and say something about a system operation couldn't be performed. Now it just comes to the Dell screen, stops and then starts the Dell screen again.
She's ready to kill me. I don't know what else to do.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 54,857 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:06 PM

Posted 09 April 2008 - 02:34 PM

The error message on the BSOD would have been useful...but...life goes on :thumbsup:.

So just what did you do to "redo" the O/S? Clean install? Repair install? Restore CD/partition?

Manufacturer/system model? Laptop or desktop?

Do you have a MS XP CD?

Can you run chkdsk /r from the Recovery Console?

Have you ran a manufacturer's diagnostic on the hard drive itself?

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users