Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Adobe Flash Player

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 judda

judda

• Members
  • 61 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:49 PM

Posted 09 April 2008 - 10:23 AM

Hello Everyone,

I am having a problem downloading the Adobe Flash Player, some sites, such as, my local news etc. Cannot show the graphics or suchlike because I don't have Adobe Flash Player installed, when asked do I want to install the flash player (I have lost count how many times I have been asked) I always click Yes to download it, But nothing happens.

I have even been to the Adobe site and tried to download the Flash Player from there, to no avail.

I have asked my grandson and daughter both, if they could try and download it for me, to no avail.

Is there something I am not doing right, or is there a problem with the Adobe site.

I am using Windows XP Pro, and Internet Explorer 7.

Or does anyone have a link to Adobe Flash player you know does work, I could save the link to My Documents and load it from there, Hopefully.

Thank you for any help you may be able to give me.

Judda.

Edited by judda, 09 April 2008 - 10:24 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 DaChew

DaChew

Visiting Alien

• Members
  • 10,317 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:49 PM

Posted 09 April 2008 - 10:31 AM

http://www.adobe.com/shockwave/download/fl...en/2/index.html

Windows, Internet Explorer version without google toolbar(uncheck)

agree and download

Edited by DaChew, 09 April 2008 - 10:32 AM.

Chewy

No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try.

#3 judda

judda
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 61 posts
  •  

Posted 09 April 2008 - 01:51 PM

Hello DaChew,

I tried to download it from your link, but the same thing happened, I get the green squares at the bottom of the page, they complete then nothing.

Thank you for trying to help me.

Judda.

#4 DaChew

DaChew

Visiting Alien

• Members
  • 10,317 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:49 PM

Posted 09 April 2008 - 02:10 PM

do you see and check the little bar at the top that says install active x?
Chewy

No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try.

#5 judda

judda
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 61 posts
  •  

Posted 13 April 2008 - 02:21 AM

Hello DaChew,

Sorry for not responding sooner, I have been away from the PC.

I did see the yellow bar at the top and clicked to install the Active X, then I sit and wait, the line at the bottom fills up with green squares (which I presume is telling me the Adobe Flash player is loading)
Then nothing.

Whenever I try to download anything a (helpfile for instance) I have to try and save it, then read the file from my documents (where I saved it to) otherwise I get the notice, Windows cannot access this file etc,etc,.

I have downloaded the latest drivers for my PC, from PC Pitstop etc,. all my anti virus, firewall, is up to date. I am a loss as what to do.

Thanks for any help you have given, or may give in the future, without you guys I would be one lost senior computer user.

Judda.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users