Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Quicktime (On Windows XP)

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Izzy

Izzy

• Members
  • 1,375 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:12 PM

Posted 22 March 2005 - 03:56 PM

i would like to know how to stop QUicktime from running on startup. i don't use it but a cd-rom installed it to use it so i want to know hot to stop it from running without uninstalling it.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Heretic Monkey

Heretic Monkey

• Members
  • 1,122 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:12 AM

Posted 22 March 2005 - 05:58 PM

This is the easy way (i think....)

Go to the START MENU, then click on RUN, and type msconfig.

A new window pops up, and there should be a tab at the top that says STARTUP (should be on the far right). Click on that, then scroll down the list to find "qttask". Make sure that is unchecked. The next time you start your comp, Quicktime shouldn't be running.

There might be an easier way to disable it through the software, but that way makes sure that it never pops up.

#3 Izzy

Izzy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,375 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:12 PM

Posted 23 March 2005 - 03:56 PM

thanks, i knew it was there somewhere, i couldn't remember where to go
Izzy.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users