Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Games Wont Play

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 dubritski

dubritski

• Members
  • 54 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:10 PM

Posted 09 April 2008 - 09:35 AM

I have bought Hellgate and Forged alliance, but the game wont launch because it checks for emulation software on the computer (eventhough the real CD I in the drive)
so I have tried telling deamontools to not emulate any drives, tried deactivating drives in daemontools, tried deactivating the drives in the device manager, even tried uninstalling daemon tools, all to no use I still get the message “emulation software found please deactivate it”.
TBH I didn’t care about Hellgate (sucky game) but Supreme commander Forged alliance I was really looking forward to playing after spending 30$ on it..
So I Mailed the tech support on the game but after a week, I still haven’t gotten a reply, Maybe someone here knows how I can get round the emulation software issue and actually play the game I bought..

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 protozero

protozero

• Members
  • 447 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:10 PM

Posted 13 April 2008 - 01:26 PM

You own the game, so I geuss it's okay. When does it say that it detected emulation software!? During install, or when you try and boot it up?

If it checks for emulation when you try to play it, perhaps a No-CD/DVD fix would circumvent that, but I doubt you'd be able to go online with the No-CD/DVD patch. You can find one at Gamecopyworld
Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.

#3 dubritski

dubritski
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 54 posts
  •  

Posted 18 April 2008 - 08:57 PM

hey protozero

I can install it NP, but it checks when i want to start both the games.
i contacted the tech support for Forged Alliance, and they said uninstall daemon tools and reinstall game .. but to no avail. so i "cracked" it with gamecopyworld, just feel sad that i had to do somth thats considered illegal to play my legal game :thumbsup:

#4 protozero

protozero

• Members
  • 447 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:10 PM

Posted 18 April 2008 - 11:12 PM

Well happy I was at least some help. I don't believe it's illegal if you actually bought the game. It can come in handy if you lost the CD or if it became to damaged.
Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.

#5 dubritski

dubritski
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 54 posts
  •  

Posted 23 April 2008 - 11:44 AM

I was more looking for some way to remove or "turn off" all instances of deamontools, as it is right now i did crack the game so i could play it, but it seems like its not the right solution ..
im not sure how the safedisv2 works and how it checks for emulation software, but apparently it insists that I have emulation software on my pc ( even after i uninstalled daemontools)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users