Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Iexplore.exe Running 100% Of Cpu

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 sls009

sls009

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:33 AM

Posted 09 April 2008 - 09:13 AM

iexplore.exe has been using between 90 and 100 percent of the CPU with kernal running in the 70 - 90 range. This occurs both with IE running and with it not. I have tried updating java and reinstalling IE but the problem keeps returning. It will last enywhere from 30 minutes to several hours and makes using the system almost impossible.

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,364 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:33 PM

Posted 09 April 2008 - 10:12 AM

Hi sls009, and welcome to BleepingComputer.

You could try downloading and running Firefox, it is a stand alone browser which gives you another modicum of protection, many of us use it here.

If you download this and still have a problem you may still have an infection.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 sls009

sls009
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 09 April 2008 - 11:50 AM

You could try downloading and running Firefox, it is a stand alone browser which gives you another modicum of protection, many of us use it here.

dc3 ~ thanks for the quick reply. While I would love to load Firefox (I use it at home), I am in a corporate environment where I am not able to do so as it is not an approved application within the network.

#4 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  

Posted 09 April 2008 - 12:24 PM

Is this IE 7? Try uninstalling it, see if the problem persists, then reinstall it
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#5 sls009

sls009
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 09 April 2008 - 02:26 PM

Tried 7. Even tried the 8 beta... Sometimes rebooting clears the problem for a few hours, sometimes it does not. This is realling starting to drive me to the funny farm! :thumbsup:

#6 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  

Posted 09 April 2008 - 04:12 PM

How certain are you that you are malware-free?
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#7 sls009

sls009
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 11 April 2008 - 10:51 AM

no malware and virus free

#8 ///

///

• Members
  • 148 posts
  •  

Posted 11 April 2008 - 03:17 PM

You can't really be sure, you can run all the anti-viruses in the world and it might not find any thing so it's impossible to know :thumbsup:. Try running it without add ons on accessories and system tools :flowers: It worked for me.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users