Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Infected Security Software Problems

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 blackseabrew

blackseabrew

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:40 PM

Posted 09 April 2008 - 07:19 AM

Last December my laptop was infected with a hijacker that I was able to recover from using Smitfraudfix. Also at the time I was using Maccafee security software. For lack of better terms, it appears that the malware has now hijacked my Maccafee software. Please forgive the spelling. Anytime I do a search or anything related to this package, my browser automatically closes. Anytime I try to open Maccafee, I get the opening screen for a second or so and then it closes. I also always have many Maccafee operations open in my task bar. So it's putting on a lot of overhead on my processor as well. Lord knows what else it doing or looking at. I also cannot use the VOip portion of my Skype software. I think because the Maccafee firewall settings need to be modified. Which I can't do because I can't open aforementioned security software. Also, I am able to get on Maccafee's help website, but when I click on some of their automated tools, my browser closes. So I'm kind of stuck. Can anyone help. I'd much appreciate it.

Blackseabrew

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users