Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Vista Anytime Upgrade

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 DooMeeD

DooMeeD

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:32 AM

Posted 09 April 2008 - 06:09 AM

Hello!

Question:

**Will I Have To Wait 1-3 Weeks?**
**Or Can I Get The Key From The Internet?**
**If So Can I Use The Anytime Upgrade CD I Have?**

Details:

I Decided Today That I Wanted To Upgrade To Vista Home Premium VS Vista Home Basic.
I Hit Start And Clicked On The Anytime Upgrade Button, From There The Program Tells Me:

"First, purchase the Windows Vista Upgrade online
Click "Begin upgrade process" to go to one of our participating merchant's websites to purchase the upgrade.
After purchasing the upgrade, you will be instructed to download software that prepares your computer for the upgrade.

The software will take only 1-2 minutes to download."

"Then, upgrade Windows Vista
Follow the instructions on the screen to complete the upgrade. The disc may have come with your computer,
or you may have purchased it to upgrade to Windows Vista from an earlier version of Windows.
IMPORTANT: Do not insert your Windows Anytime Upgrade disc until you are instructed to do so.

Upgrading doesn't change your settings or remove programs, and your files remain in the same locations on your computer.
We recommend that you back up your settings and files before you begin the upgrade."

Ok... Here's The Problem... When I Click The "Begin upgrade process" Button, It Takes Me To Microsoft,
I Pick Basic To Premium, And Thats When I Read This...

"Thank you for choosing Windows Anytime Upgrade. Before you proceed with your purchase, please note that you will be mailed a physical upgrade product instead of downloading a digital license."

Well... Thats Not What I Want... But I Continue To Make Sure, And Read This...

"When your online order is complete, you will be mailed a Windows Anytime Upgrade Pack which includes your product key, Windows Anytime Upgrade disc, and upgrade instructions.

To initiate the upgrade process you will need to insert your Windows Anytime Upgrade disc. The product key included with your Windows Anytime Upgrade Pack determines the edition of Windows Vista that you can install from the disc."

Well Now I'm Confused... The Program On My Computer Says One Thing, And The Website Says Another...
I'm More Partial To Believing The Website That Is About To Take My Money, So I Decide To Contact Customer Support..
OR NOT!! Come To Find Out... After 90 Days Of Activation, You Have To Pay $60 Bucks For Tech Support
(Not Including Tax And Whatever Else They Want To Add...) HA!

So I Search And Search... And Search... And...This Sux...

Basically, I Want To Buy A Key, And Use My Vista !!ANYTIME!! Upgrade Disc, Not An "Anytime + 3 Weeks" Upgrade Disc...

And I Don't Wanna Pay $60 Bucks For Tech Support On A Program I'm About To Pay $80 Bucks For... And Just For A Simple
"Yes Or No"

Using Windows Vista Home Basic Upgrade Disc
Disc Says "Includes Windows Anytime Upgrade" Right On It
P/N X12-23379-03

**Will I Have To Wait 1-3 Weeks?**
**Or Can I Get The Key From The Internet?**
**If So Can I Use The Anytime Upgrade CD I Have?**

Thanks For Any Help, And Sorry For The Long Post, I Prefer To Give Too Much Info Then Not Enough..

DooMeeD

******************************************************************************************

******************************************************************************************

Welp, I Decided To Get It... Now I',m Waiting.... And Waiting... But! I Have A Key! But It Don't Work With My
Windows Vista Home Basic SP0 Anytime Upgrade Disc... I Need A SP1 Disk... Nice Huh? Anyone Know A Way
Around This?

DooMeeD

Edited by DooMeeD, 10 April 2008 - 05:19 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:32 AM

Posted 10 April 2008 - 08:00 AM

On this page the upgrade appears to cost $79: http://www.microsoft.com/windows/products/...e/overview.mspx

The FAQ's here ( http://www.microsoft.com/windows/products/...pgrade/faq.mspx ) states that it's gonna take 1-3 weeks for your stuff to arrive (it's the 4th one from the bottom)

I would purchase an upgrade copy of Vista Home Premium (about $65 for the Academic upgrade and about $90 for the regular upgrade version on PriceGrabber.com). You may be able to find it at a local store, or use expedited shipping to get it sooner than the Anytime Upgrade.
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users