Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

My Search Queries End Up In Spam Site!

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 perkeleS

perkeleS

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:03 AM

Posted 09 April 2008 - 05:02 AM

I use the search engines Google, Dogpile, Yahoo, and Altavista. In the beginning of this year I noticed that some search phrases I use regularly, have ended up in spam sites. The phrases are complex and they consist of user names and words (they're not written in english or such big language), so there is not really anyone who uses exactly the same ones.

I sometimes use the same search phrases in different search engines. I don't know how my searches end up in spam sites. I've scanned my PC with tens of antispywares (nothing found), even formatted my computer. But it still happens.

I must say that only some of my searches have been in spam. Probably only those which I use in Dogpile search, as there is a Search spy feature there and the resulting keyword list can be saved with some script. But, as I said before, I use the same keywords in different engines, but I cannot be exactly sure/remember if I used this-and-that-query for example in Dogpile.
I'm basically wanting to know is the problem because I use Dogpile, but in the spam sites were included some of my searches that I don't remember did I search them in Dogpile, or only in Google. If the keywords get stolen when I use Google, I am just wondering as I've formatted my computer and ran millions of antispy-programs. Please don't waste your time recommending those, as I've done them more times than you think.

For some reason, the keywords end up in sites that seem to be the same series, as the titles of the pages are nearly always these:

From 1 July 2007, the Better Super changes will give the opportunity to improve their lifestyle in retirement.
Welcome to my awesome website! Word up, you all.
Home of the funny and useful products.
Our site isn't just for kids.
Products and accessories for mountain and road.
Welcome to my awesome website! Word up, you all.

Example of those spam sites, but often with different title (as above) and they're hosted in some other domain:

(Don't click on the results as these spamsites want to redirect to you some malware site!!!)

<http://www.altavista.com/web/results?itag=ody&q=%22better+super+changes%22+site%3Afreenet-homepage.de&kgs=0&kls=0>

I don't have a clue why this happens. Even my own name is used in their spams (I "dogpiled" once my name, because of that), FVCKING spammers.

Please give me some kind of answer, this is just so strange thing that I just want know the answer to this mystery and STOP this happening (if it's something on my pc).

Edited by Orange Blossom, 19 April 2008 - 10:02 AM.
Disabled link to protect viewers. ~ OB

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Teenage.Zombiee

Teenage.Zombiee

• Members
  • 831 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:03 PM

Posted 10 April 2008 - 10:22 AM

Hi perkeleS :thumbsup:

I have PMed a moderator to let them know you have misplaced your topic.
Your topic will most probably be moved here to Am I Infected? What Do I Do?

Good luck with solving this problem :flowers:

Teenage.Zombiee is back ! :halloween:

#3 ruby1

ruby1

a forum member

• Members
  • 2,375 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:03 AM

Posted 10 April 2008 - 01:18 PM

may we try this for starters?

may we have your windows version, your installed antivirus program , a full list of what scans you HAVE run ?
also, may one ask if your reformat utilized a known original legit CD of your windows version

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users