Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How To Interpret The Log Of Combofix ?

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 MV730

MV730

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:49 AM

Posted 09 April 2008 - 04:28 AM

Can someone tell me where to find the manual with the explanation how to interpret the logs of ComboFix. Something more detailed of How to use ComboFix.
Thanks

Edited by MV730, 09 April 2008 - 04:40 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ruby1

ruby1

a forum member

• Members
  • 2,375 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:49 AM

Posted 10 April 2008 - 01:25 PM

may one ask if you have as yet RUN the combofix? as if you have not yet done so DO NOT unless instructed to do so by a trained malware expert

if you have run the program ; who requested you run it and why did you run it ?

one presumes you have read the combofix disclaimer?

#3 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 72,906 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:49 AM

Posted 10 April 2008 - 03:49 PM

You would need to go thru a Malware training program and become authorized in discerning the log.

Due to the power of this tool it is strongly advised that you do not attempt to act upon any of the information displayed by ComboFix without supervision from someone who has been properly trained. If you do so, it may lead to problems with the normal functionality of your computer. Instead you should use this guide to download and run ComboFix and then post the resulting log in a forum that contains helpers who understand how to diagnose them. These helpers will then help you clean your computer of infections so that it is running properly again.

Please note that this guide is the only authorized guide for the use of ComboFix and cannot be copied without permissions from BleepingComputer.com and sUBs.

How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#4 MV730

MV730
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  

Posted 10 April 2008 - 04:03 PM

may one ask if you have as yet RUN the combofix? as if you have not yet done so DO NOT unless instructed to do so by a trained malware expert ;if you have run the program ; who requested you run it and why did you run it ?
one presumes you have read the combofix disclaimer?

I used Combofix on my PC to know him better.
I did not know that it takes a special training. I did not want to offend anyone with my question.
Thanks

You would need to go thru a Malware training program and become authorized in discerning the log.

Thanks for the explanation. :thumbsup:
How can I participate in the Malware training program ?

Edited by MV730, 10 April 2008 - 04:09 PM.

#5 DaChew

DaChew

Visiting Alien

• BC Advisor
  • 10,317 posts
  •  

Posted 10 April 2008 - 04:12 PM

that manual is being rewritten or appended to every week with the newest malware releases

as is combofix and the other antimalware programs
Chewy

No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try.

#6 MV730

MV730
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  

Posted 10 April 2008 - 04:45 PM

that manual is being rewritten or appended to every week with the newest malware releases
as is combofix and the other antimalware programs

Hi, thanks for replay.
I tried on the forum but I can not find. You can indicate me a link. Thanks

#7 ruby1

ruby1

a forum member

• Members
  • 2,375 posts
  •  

Posted 10 April 2008 - 04:49 PM

may one ask what you think is wrong with your computer and what you have so far done to see if you can rectify it?

#8 MV730

MV730
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  

Posted 10 April 2008 - 04:56 PM

may one ask what you think is wrong with your computer and what you have so far done to see if you can rectify it?

My computer has nothing. I would simply learn to use ComboFix. I do not see anything wrong in this. I'ts OK?

Edited by MV730, 10 April 2008 - 04:59 PM.

#9 ruby1

ruby1

a forum member

• Members
  • 2,375 posts
  •  

Posted 10 April 2008 - 05:31 PM

My computer has nothing. I would simply learn to use ComboFix. I do not see anything wrong in this. I'ts OK?

this is only one of a growing and frequently changing wide variety of tools used by the HJT teams

if you wish to attempt to become a member OF a HJT team, as others have said, you would need to apply for admission to one of the HJT Malaware Training schools but I wonder if you really appreciate what that 'committment' and training involves? it is NOT a 'walk in the park' by a long , long shot .....

#10 MV730

MV730
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  

Posted 11 April 2008 - 01:37 AM

this is only one of a growing and frequently changing wide variety of tools used by the HJT teams
if you wish to attempt to become a member OF a HJT team, as others have said, you would need to apply for admission to one of the HJT Malaware Training schools but I wonder if you really appreciate what that 'committment' and training involves? it is NOT a 'walk in the park' by a long , long shot .....

Thanks ruby1. I understand your advice, but I am prepared to devote the time.
I think this is good place to start. What you think?

Edited by MV730, 11 April 2008 - 01:39 AM.

#11 Teenage.Zombiee

Teenage.Zombiee

• Members
  • 831 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:49 PM

Posted 11 April 2008 - 01:43 AM

Hi MV730 :thumbsup:

Sounds like a good choice for a malware removal training school to me :flowers:
Geek U (geeks to go) is exceptionally good. Thats were I'm currently learning Malware Removal :trumpet:

Teenage.Zombiee is back ! :halloween:

#12 MV730

MV730
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  

Posted 11 April 2008 - 01:48 AM

Hi MV730 :flowers:
Sounds like a good choice for a malware removal training school to me :trumpet:
Geek U (geeks to go) is exceptionally good. Thats were I'm currently learning Malware Removal :inlove:

Thanks for the information. :thumbsup: I go to see immediately.

#13 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,111 posts
  •  

Posted 11 April 2008 - 07:49 AM

Each of the major online schools has some of the best malware removal experts (instructors) in the security community. They will provide you with hands on experience and guidance as long as your willing to make the commitment as training can take months to complete.
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

#14 Teenage.Zombiee

Teenage.Zombiee

• Members
  • 831 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:49 PM

Posted 11 April 2008 - 08:15 AM

Also MV730 I hear some traing schools are very strict- meaning if you don't make a post within two weeks of your last post you get booted out of the school.

Teenage.Zombiee is back ! :halloween:

#15 ruby1

ruby1

a forum member

• Members
  • 2,375 posts
  •  

Posted 11 April 2008 - 11:57 AM

you cannot just sign up and NOT do work;

the responses on the logs on forum may seem 'easy' and flow off the cuff?
what you 'see' is the on going result of MONTHS or maybe in some special cases , years of behind the scenes intense hard training and tests ; you NEVER ever stop learning with the HJT work ; if you do sign up for it be prepared for a lot of hard but hopefully fascinating work and be prepared to show up regularly ( a frequency agreed by your specific school's policy)IN school to do the work and to prove you have done the 'homework' ; there are always others just waiting to take your place and if you fail to turn up and work ...you will be OUT ; you need to show commitment as , if you 'graduate' you will be expected to help in many forums with malware problems and the malware is constantly changing and adapting; you cannot sit back on your lawrels

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users