Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Can't Update Avg 8.0

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 extremeboy

extremeboy

• Malware Response Team
  • 12,975 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:08 PM

Posted 08 April 2008 - 07:26 PM

Hi, I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this topic but I don't know where else to post it.
I have just downloaded AVG 8.0 free.
However I can't update it, I right click it and then press update. Every time it says, "the connection with update server has failed"
Can anyone tell me why?

Mod Edit: Topic moved to more appropriate forum~ TMacK

Edited by TMacK, 08 April 2008 - 07:28 PM.

Note: Please do not PM me asking for help, instead please post it in the correct forum requesting for help. Help requests via the PM system will be ignored.

If I'm helping you and I don't reply within 48 hours please feel free to send me a PM.

The help you receive here is always free but if you wish to show your appreciation, you may wish to Posted Image.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 TMacK

TMacK

• Members
  • 4,672 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:08 PM

Posted 08 April 2008 - 07:38 PM

There are times that the AVG Free update servers do get busy...AVG Free doesn't get access to the high bandwidth servers that the AVG Pro users have access too.

You can try again.
Chaos reigns within.
Reflect, repent, and reboot.
Order shall return.

aaaaaaaa a~Suzie Wagner

#3 ruby1

ruby1

a forum member

• Members
  • 2,375 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:08 AM

Posted 08 April 2008 - 07:54 PM

Hi, I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this topic but I don't know where else to post it.
I have just downloaded AVG 8.0 free.
However I can't update it, I right click it and then press update. Every time it says, "the connection with update server has failed"
Can anyone tell me why?

Mod Edit: Topic moved to more appropriate forum~ TMacK

may one ask from where you downloaded the AVG 8.O free?

also; the avg7.5 is OK as I have just updated mine :thumbsup:

#4 extremeboy

extremeboy
  • Topic Starter

• Malware Response Team
  • 12,975 posts
  •  

Posted 08 April 2008 - 08:45 PM

Hi Ruby 1,
Here is where i downloaded AVG 8.0:AVG 8.0
Note: Please do not PM me asking for help, instead please post it in the correct forum requesting for help. Help requests via the PM system will be ignored.

If I'm helping you and I don't reply within 48 hours please feel free to send me a PM.

The help you receive here is always free but if you wish to show your appreciation, you may wish to Posted Image.

#5 extremeboy

extremeboy
  • Topic Starter

• Malware Response Team
  • 12,975 posts
  •  

Posted 09 April 2008 - 04:59 PM

Hi, thanks to all your help i have fixed the promblem with me AVG updates. I reinstalled it and now it works fine

#6 Teenage.Zombiee

Teenage.Zombiee

• Members
  • 831 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:08 PM

Posted 10 April 2008 - 07:44 AM

Glad you got your problem solved extremeboy :thumbsup:

Teenage.Zombiee is back ! :halloween:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users