Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Msissl.exe ?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Calin

Calin

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:19 AM

Posted 08 April 2008 - 07:15 PM

Can anyone tell me a little about msissl.exe ? I couldn't find anything on the web.

It's a weird process running on my pc... Checked with process explorer, shows it has no parent process, and listens to port 7209 on TCP.

Is it spyware or something? Spybot doesn't show anything

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,579 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:19 AM

Posted 08 April 2008 - 07:29 PM

If you can't find anything on the web that's not normally a good sign. Most likely it's malware. You could try uploading the file at Jotti for analysis.
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

#3 Calin

Calin
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:19 AM

Posted 08 April 2008 - 07:32 PM

The bad thing is... i can't find it. There is no msissl.exe in my file system. It says it's running from system32, but it's certainly not there

#4 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,579 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:19 AM

Posted 08 April 2008 - 09:59 PM

Make sure that you select to display hidden and system files. In Explorer go Tools > Folder Options > View tab > select "Show hidden files and folders" and uncheck "Hide protected operating system files".
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users