Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Fixing Friend's Computer Problem

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 pat3332

pat3332

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:53 PM

Posted 08 April 2008 - 07:03 PM

Greetings!

I'm new here and wanted to say Thank You.
I have a good friend, who is also my department manager. His 15 year old daughter downloaded enough malware to their HP computer to get her banned for life. I didn't have time to wait for someone to analyze the logs, so I spent the last 4 days reading different postings and tutorials on your site, learning how to run logs, what programs to use and how to use them to clean the infestation. I also learned more about Vista than I thought I would ever need to know. I'm still not sure exactly what to look for in the logs, but I'm learning and had so much fun, I plan on learning a lot more. Not being my computer probably made it a lot more fun.
Thanks again.

Pat

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 TMacK

TMacK

• Members
  • 4,672 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:53 PM

Posted 08 April 2008 - 07:16 PM

Hi pat3332, Welcome to Bleeping Computer.

Thanks are always appreciated!
Our Members are always happy to hear that someone has been helped. :thumbsup:

Please take a moment and visit the New User Orientation section, to get familiarized with how the board works.

Just remember, our Members are more than willing to help solve any problem you might have.
Chaos reigns within.
Reflect, repent, and reboot.
Order shall return.

aaaaaaaa a~Suzie Wagner

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users