Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Connection Lost

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 jpd9930

jpd9930

• Members
  • 221 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:06 PM

Posted 08 April 2008 - 06:29 PM

I started with a good working computer but in the end it will not now connect to the internet.

basics:
P4 processor
1.25gigs mem.
80 gig hd
connection: linksys usb wireless 2.4 ghz. v. 2.8
IE7

I ran antivirus and deleted a few programs no longer needed. One suspect is mysearchbar. I installed a good copy of PC-Cillin internet security. Installed IE7 but later deleted and reinstalled.

At that point I got the blue screen of death when starting the browser. Then I lost connection (wired and wireless) all together. I have access to my home network but not the internet. My router sees the computer. I have wireless and wired connection static (only way my router seems to like connected devices). I dont get connection connected directly to my modem even though I have ativity on the modem and LAN LED's (obtain

Ive tried winsox2fix, reinstalling the device drivers with latest, and other winsock fix techniques. device manager says it is working fine. Reboots dont help.

so the first order is try to get it back online and the other is to figure out the blue screen of death.

The wireless device works fine on other computers.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 DaChew

DaChew

Visiting Alien

• BC Advisor
  • 10,317 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:06 PM

Posted 08 April 2008 - 06:46 PM

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/top...tml#entry778804

you might look thru this thread for a few ideas

some malware seems to still connect to the internet after messing you up?
Chewy

No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users