Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Uninstalling And Reinstalling Ie7?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 G_Eris

G_Eris

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:49 AM

Posted 08 April 2008 - 12:49 PM

How do you uninstall and reinstall IE7 in Windows XP Pro. I have no other browsers to use.
Thanks!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 yr-less

yr-less

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  

Posted 08 April 2008 - 01:10 PM

you can remove it through 'add/remove programs' under control panel. it will revert back to ie6 after the uninstall. to reinstall you will need to download it via windows update.

Edited by yr-less, 08 April 2008 - 01:11 PM.

#3 G_Eris

G_Eris
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  

Posted 08 April 2008 - 01:13 PM

Thanks! I'm also curious if there's a way to completely remove IE browser and just use something like firefox?

#4 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,571 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:49 PM

Posted 08 April 2008 - 04:31 PM

You don't really want to remove IE, but you can disable it. See the following link for more information.

How Do I Remove Internet Explorer From Windows XP?
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

#5 frankp316

frankp316

• Members
  • 2,677 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:49 AM

Posted 08 April 2008 - 05:49 PM

You're going to need IE for Windows updates but I think Firefox has an extension that will switch to IE.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users