Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Automatic Resetting Of Date And Time

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 gihon

gihon

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:39 PM

Posted 08 April 2008 - 12:48 PM

Hi,

Appreciate if anyone could advise me on this persistent problem that I am experiencing.

Everytime when I start up my com or when I execute the Task Manager, the date and time will be automatically reset to 29th Jan 2000, 12.00am.

I've tried running virus scan using Trend Micro Office Scan with the latest updates as well as Trend Micro's online virus scan Housecall. I've also scan using Ad aware 2007 but the problem still persist.

Any advice on this matter?

Gihon

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Bartster

Bartster

• Members
  • 188 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:39 AM

Posted 08 April 2008 - 01:20 PM

Try this:

right click on clock(lower right hand corner) click adjust date/time>make sure zone is correct>then click internet time tab>should say this computer is set to synchronize
with 'time.windows.com', if not then click change settings (check synchronize with internet time server if not checked) then click update now.

Hope this fixes your problem.

#3 gihon

gihon
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 08 April 2008 - 02:21 PM

There is no internet time tab under adjust date/time.

any other suggestion?

#4 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 36,722 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:39 AM

Posted 09 April 2008 - 12:56 AM

Hello gihon,

What is your operating system: Windows XP, Vista, etc. Different systems have different methods of doing things.

Orange Blossom :thumbsup:
Help us help you. If HelpBot replies, you MUST follow step 1 in its reply so we know you need help.

Orange Blossom

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure

SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Smart Security, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, NoScript Firefox ext., Norton noscript

#5 gihon

gihon
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 09 April 2008 - 04:42 AM

Hi I'm operating on Windows XP Professional SP 2

#6 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 72,240 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:39 AM

Posted 09 April 2008 - 10:21 PM

Also how old is the PC. It could be the battery.
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users