Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Outlook 2003's Too Many Troubles

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 merellogalasso

merellogalasso

• Members
  • 270 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:32 PM

Posted 08 April 2008 - 10:02 AM

I have been using with pleasure my Outlook 2003. But..., it's a problematic application, at least for me. Any small detail at closing means that folders have to be repaired before at next starting. Also, I have been filing my messages and I got the surprise that it doesn't go well. First, filing is not performed for every message appart of the poorly clear way of setting this function (from tools, from every folder?; no window appears to ask about filing as announced, etc.). Furthermore the applicaction has become slower at incredible extremes. There is no other mail program that permits me to import my multiple messages rules, addresses, etc. Or that might have, as a matter of fact, a real good messages rules tool. I like outlook 2003, and I would like to know if something is going basically wrong with mine. My PC is clean; all other applications function well. It would be very nice if someone could give me a hand. Many thanks and regards.
"There are atoms and vacuum; the rest is opinion"
(Democritus, several centuries before Hume and Kant)

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Samsbc12

Samsbc12

• Members
  • 89 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:32 PM

Posted 08 April 2008 - 10:17 AM

Your message was a little hard to understand. When you say Filing I think you mean Auto Archiving.

In outlook go to tools > options > other tab > auto archive

Here you can adjust your settings. You can tell it to move all files to what ever folder you want. Then you can hit apply there settings to all folder now if you want.

Also check (prompt before AutoArchiving runs) if you want to be notified.

Another post with slow related issue coming.

#3 Samsbc12

Samsbc12

• Members
  • 89 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:32 PM

Posted 08 April 2008 - 10:19 AM

I would start by Downloading and installing Service Pack 3 for office.

It can be found here

If that does not work I would try a ScanPST.

I hope this is a good start. Let me know if you need anything else.

#4 merellogalasso

merellogalasso
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 270 posts
  •  

Posted 08 April 2008 - 12:50 PM

PRESCELY THAT DOESN'T FUNCTION PROPERLY.
IF SO, i WOND'T ASK FOR HELP. rEGARDS

Your message was a little hard to understand. When you say Filing I think you mean Auto Archiving.

In outlook go to tools > options > other tab > auto archive

Here you can adjust your settings. You can tell it to move all files to what ever folder you want. Then you can hit apply there settings to all folder now if you want.

Also check (prompt before AutoArchiving runs) if you want to be notified.

Another post with slow related issue coming.

#5 merellogalasso

merellogalasso
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 270 posts
  •  

Posted 08 April 2008 - 01:26 PM

Sincerely I do not see that troubles with Outlook 2003 might have anything to do with the Archive.pst. As a matter of fact the scanning and the download uou kindly advice, are, respectively, a beta and a very slow ones. Kind regardas and thanks.

#6 M...

M...

• Members
  • 386 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:32 AM

Posted 08 April 2008 - 04:10 PM

Hello merellogalasso,

Service Pack 3 for Microsoft Office 2003 most certainly is NOT a Beta version -- it was released via Microsoft Update in September 2007. Perhaps you misread/misunderstood the suggestion provided by Samsbc12 above and assumed it meant Service Pack 3 for Windows XP (which currently is a Beta version):

http://img521.imageshack.us/img521/7383/scrn001ame2.png

#7 merellogalasso

merellogalasso
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 270 posts
  •  

Posted 08 April 2008 - 05:57 PM

Hello M...,

No, actually. I opened the link he gave me and there I found troubles with full opening of the page(http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/thankyou.aspx?familyId=e25b7049-3e13-433b-b9d2-5e3c1132f206&displayLang=en), where an archive downloaded spontaneously (Office2003SP3-KB923618-FullFile-ENU.exe). I couldn't download any other file from there. I will look for the one you mention trhough other ways.. Regards.

#8 merellogalasso

merellogalasso
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 270 posts
  •  

Posted 08 April 2008 - 06:20 PM

NOW SCNPST.DLL DISAPPEARED AND I CANNOT RUN SCANPST.EXE VERY FUNNY...

I would start by Downloading and installing Service Pack 3 for office.

It can be found here

If that does not work I would try a ScanPST.

I hope this is a good start. Let me know if you need anything else.

#9 merellogalasso

merellogalasso
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 270 posts
  •  

Posted 08 April 2008 - 06:59 PM

First I could run the scan just once and got hanged not being able to end. When I tried again it resulted that now scnspst32.dll had disappeared. When I downloaded it, it was as it didn't exist for it seems that it downloaded compressed. Second the pack didn't get installed, after half an hour downloading, because it says that the "expected version was not found". That's not my fault because my Office is legitimate and has its serial number. I think this autoarchive detail is not worth of so many troubles to pass with it. The mystery of all these complications remains and I do not like it at all indeed. Many thanks and regards if somebody really receives from The Gods the light to illuminate me and save me of this most new disagreable trouble tih the "business" of computation. Is it any other mail program that could receive all my settings from outlook 2003? I am about to get crazy. Regards and thanks.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users