Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Problem With Adobe Flash Player Plugin

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 G_Eris

G_Eris

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:19 AM

Posted 08 April 2008 - 08:53 AM

I'm having an issue with adobe flash player plugin in my IE7. It causes my IE7 to shut down when I go to sites like MySpace. I disabled it and that stopped it from shutting down, however there are videos I need to watch. I tried to reinstall it, but it gives me a runtime error. Any suggestions how to fix it? I have Windows XP Professional.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 frankp316

frankp316

• Members
  • 2,677 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:19 AM

Posted 08 April 2008 - 10:46 AM

It looks like this may have more to do with IE7 than Flash. Maybe someone else can confirm this but uninstalling & reinstalling IE7 could be the answer.

#3 hillbillygreek

hillbillygreek

• Members
  • 397 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:19 AM

Posted 08 April 2008 - 11:47 PM

Go through the steps at either of these links to see if it helps:

Troubleshoot Adobe Flash Player installation for Windows

Fix permission issues that prevent the Flash Player installation

WARNING: Since the above fix requires modifying the registry, create a System Restore Point first.

It causes my IE7 to shut down when I go to sites like MySpace

Not surprising there. MySpace is full of drive by malware, the majority of it being from those annoying ads. A safer approach (especially when it comes to MySpace) would be to use Firefox adding the Adblock Plus Extension. If, however, you decide that you would prefer to use IE, you should look into either IE7 Pro, its free & contains an ad blocker, or Ad Muncher (not free).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users