Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Runing Combofix On Windows Server 2003

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Wassim

Wassim

• Members
  • 376 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:03 PM

Posted 08 April 2008 - 03:10 AM

Hi all,

Symantec is dectecting a virus at work called Bloodhound.packed.jmp , i ran combo fix on the XP infected computers and it solved the problem, but i still have a windows server 2003 infected computer on wish ComboFIx desn't run on.

Any solution? any upgraded version of combo?

thanks.

Edited by Wassim, 08 April 2008 - 03:11 AM.

"Stuffy Hall Admin of the Typing Skills Enhancing School Program"

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 ruby1

ruby1

a forum member

• Members
  • 2,375 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:03 PM

Posted 08 April 2008 - 11:55 AM

may one ask which malware expert instructed you to run the combofix as one asumes you are aware that you should NOT be running Combofix unless instructed to do so by a Malaware trained expert? did you read the tutorial and more specifically the Combofix disclaimer at
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/combofix/how-to-use-combofix

'Combofix is a powerful tool intended by its creator to be used under the direction of an expert. It is NOT for private use. You should NOT use Combofix unless a Malware Removal Expert has told you to. Improper use of this tool can seriously damage your operating system and may even prevent it from starting again.

you may wish to advise us what tools you DO have on the server computer including the windows version

#3 Wassim

Wassim
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 376 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:03 PM

Posted 08 April 2008 - 12:17 PM

I didn't get the advise of anyone , i read the tutorial though and i ran comboFix just before formating the PC to see how much effective it is, and i was amazed, anyways all the data are locally and remotly backed up.

im not insane to run combofix on my companies user infected PC without beeing full aware of the consequences, unless it is illegal to use it without a lisence or anything, but i suppose its a freeware.

Anyways it didnt run on all machines, on some of them i double cliked it started loading then stoped before reaching the blue Window.

Basicly im havimg a problem with a virus beeing detected by Symantec as Bloodhound.Packed.jmp and the files found are DLLs located in the Local setting hidden folder and i am not able to make the PC show hidden folders , i guess because of the virus, so any suggestions to remove Bloodhound?

Thanks for your advise.

Edited by Wassim, 08 April 2008 - 12:19 PM.

"Stuffy Hall Admin of the Typing Skills Enhancing School Program"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users