Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Black And White Screen Windows Did Not Start Successfully

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Buckoeye

Buckoeye

• Members
  • 48 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:26 PM

Posted 07 April 2008 - 10:02 PM

I am not a computer expert. The problem is I am running windows Xp HOME EDITION. When I go to start windows, I keep getting the screen We apologize for the inconvenience but windows did not start successfully. If I highlight start windows normally nothing happens and the system keeps circling back to this page over and over......

So I went on the web, I read many articles that stated to use your windows XP disk as a boot disk... so I installed it and get the WINDOWS SET-up Blue screen. On the bottom of the screen it goes through a process SETUP is loading files......

SeTup is starting windows.....

Welcome to setup

This portion f the setup program prepares Microsoft Windows to run on your computer..

To set-up windows XP now press Enter

To repair a Windows XP installation using Recovery Console press R.

So I press R..........

I get to a C:\> My question is what do I need to type in this line to get the recovery process started....... PLEASE HELP

I DO NOT WANT TO FORMAT over existing system losing all my data.....

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,579 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:26 PM

Posted 07 April 2008 - 10:08 PM

I believe what you are trying to do is a "Repair Install". See the link below for detailed instructions on how to do this.

How to Perform a Windows XP Repair Install
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users