Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Panostandalone

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 ssilverette

ssilverette

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:18 AM

Posted 07 April 2008 - 09:14 PM

Hi,
I am having so much trouble with this "windows installation" of a something called panostandalone. It continues to try to install even when I click cancel.Finally it stops and shows "to install this your CDRom is required" I have no idea what this is. It seems as tho it is unstoppable. When I click cancel, another one appears,same thing, over and over. I don't know if I lost something in my PC or if this is a virus. Can anyone please, please help me.
Thanks ever so much,
ssilverette

Attached Files

• Attached File  what.JPG   16.88KB   15 downloads

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,329 posts
  •  

Posted 07 April 2008 - 09:34 PM

Hello ssilverette and welcome.

In regards to the PANOSTANDALONE installation, this is a part of HP's PhotoSmart Printer so the HP CD is required to install the software. It appears that a portion of the HP software is installed but that the installation was not completed. The HP software that is installed will continue to attempt to install the missing software until it is successful. Once the installation is complete the request to perform the install will go away.

OldTimer

Edited by boopme, 07 April 2008 - 09:35 PM.

How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#3 ssilverette

ssilverette
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 07 April 2008 - 11:31 PM

Thank you boopme, but I do not have a HP printer. :thumbsup:
ssilverette.

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,874 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:18 PM

Posted 08 April 2008 - 08:22 AM

Well...do you have any HP devices installed now...or previously? Is this an HP computer system?

If you've ever had any HP devices installed, chances are there are remnants remaining which are the source for the popups, IMO.

This panostandalone appears to be, as stated by others, an HP application related to HP devices.

http://www.geekstogo.com/forum/Panostandalone-t99207.html

Louis

#5 ssilverette

ssilverette
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 08 April 2008 - 10:03 AM

Thank you all for trying to help me.
I got rid of the Sign/installer.
It is a long explanation but if anyone is interested email me at and I will reply with the solution.......(it involves the safe mode)
Thank you all so much
ssilverette

Edited by KoanYorel, 08 April 2008 - 10:06 AM.
Email Address removed to protect from spamming and other attacks.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users