Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

My Pocket Pc Won't Start Up At All!

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 funnytim

funnytim

• Members
  • 624 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:31 PM

Posted 07 April 2008 - 12:20 PM

My Pocket PC won't start up at all!!!

When i pressed the ON button, the iPaq screen that comes up after you do a soft reset appears (even though i never soft-resetted it), then the screen just fades...
It happened a few times, so i tried taking the battery out and putting it back in. Now it won't startup at all. I tried to soft reset it, but nothing happened.

It was working fine yesterday. I charged it up, and did the following actions: Installed Skype, SJPhone, Bluetooth Activesync, and used my Spectec SDW-80 wireless card to connect to my wireless router (i did notice the indicator light on the card kept blinking, even when i wasn't going to a website).

pls give suggestions on how to fix this issue. I'm sure it's not the battery, as i charged it completely less than 12 hours ago.

Thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Sneakycyber

Sneakycyber

Network Engineer

• BC Advisor
  • 6,104 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:31 AM

Posted 07 April 2008 - 06:52 PM

Hiya funnytim.I was going to post on your thread at Bleepingcomputer.com but I saw you had one started here. You may have had a software conflict somewhere. So did you get your network card to work? Try doing a Hard Reset. To do hard reset the device, press the reset in with the stylus and press the power button, both at the same time. Remember when you hard reset you lose all your data. It also should be noted that some people have had issues with their device not working properly after a hard reset. If yours is under warranty make sure you have contact information in case you need to send it in for repairs. Other more PDA knowledgeable persons may have more advise. Please wait for more answers.

Chad Mockensturm 

Systems and Network Engineer

Certified CompTia Network +, A +

#3 funnytim

funnytim
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 624 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:31 PM

Posted 08 April 2008 - 01:37 AM

Guess I know now i only need to post in one forum, since you guys sure get around

I replied in the other one, thanks.

#4 Sneakycyber

Sneakycyber

Network Engineer

• BC Advisor
  • 6,104 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:31 AM

Posted 08 April 2008 - 03:06 AM

:thumbsup:

Chad Mockensturm 

Systems and Network Engineer