Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Removing Antispystorm

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
9 replies to this topic

#1 Munchkin25

Munchkin25

• Members
  • 27 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:19 PM

Posted 07 April 2008 - 11:49 AM

I know Tea post the method of how to remove this malware, but I have few questions. When I start the computer in Safe Mode, will it stay like that forever, unless I hit F8 again to go back to normal mode before the Windows logo?

And once I go through the steps Tea mention, do you want me post the AVG and HijackThis! logs in this thread? I need to get those installed my computer when I get home, but I am determined to get rid of this. It ruined the end of my Spring Break... :thumbsup:
John Munch: You still think Big Brother isn't watching us?

Munch: What if I fail and all our dreams crash and burn?
Bayliss: It's very simple then. Meldrich and I will harm you.

The heart has reasons which reason knows nothing of.

I just saved a bunch of money on my car insurance by switching to no car insurance. -Stephen Colbert

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 52,047 posts
  •  

Posted 07 April 2008 - 12:03 PM

"How to reboot in Safe Mode"

Who is Tea? Or do you mean Teacup61? Is that who is providing you with instructions? If not, what steps have you been told to do and where are you getting this help?
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

#3 Munchkin25

Munchkin25
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 27 posts
  •  

Posted 07 April 2008 - 01:15 PM

"How to reboot in Safe Mode"

Who is Tea? Or do you mean Teacup61? Is that who is providing you with instructions? If not, what steps have you been told to do and where are you getting this help?

I think that's her. I copied and pasted the intructions in a word document and when I went back to refer who posted them, I saw her sign her name that way. I'm sorry. :flowers:

Here's what I found through a search on Yahoo on your forum. That's what I've been reading and plan to follow when I get home.

However, the user who posted the orginal problem, never posted their logs from HiJackThis! or AVG Anti-Spyware. They also never got back with Teacup61. It said to create a new thread since that one was locked. So the method she posted was never validated to work, but it was the first in the results of my Yahoo search and I am willing to try anything at this point in time now that I've started school again and I use it all the time for school stuff.

So just to check that I got the concept right from the link you posted, once I shut down my computer in Safe Mode, I have to go back to that menu and hit Start Windows Normally to turn on the Normal Mode? I did click on the right option (I have Windows XP home edition). I'm just trying to put together from what I'm reading with the picture. :thumbsup:

Edited by Munchkin25, 07 April 2008 - 01:35 PM.

I just saved a bunch of money on my car insurance by switching to no car insurance. -Stephen Colbert

#4 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 52,047 posts
  •  

Posted 07 April 2008 - 01:52 PM

Here's what I found through a search on Yahoo on your forum. That's what I've been reading and plan to follow when I get home.

You should not be following specific instructions provided to someone else especially if they were given in the HijackThis forum. Those instructions were given under the guidance of a trained staff expert to help fix that particular member's problems, NOT YOURS. Before taking any action, the helper must investigate the nature of the malware issues and then formulate a fix for the victim. Although your problem may be similar, the solution could be different based on the kind of hardware, software, system requirements, etc. and the presence of other malware. Using someone else's fix instructions could lead to disastrous problems with your operating system. It's best that you tell us what specific issues YOU are having rather than point to someone else.

Since your not actually getting help, this is what I want you to do.

Please download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and save it to your desktop.
alternate download link 1
alternate download link 2
  • Make sure you are connected to the Internet.
  • Double-click on Download_mbam-setup.exe to install the application.
  • When the installation begins, follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.
  • When installation has finished, make sure you leave both of these checked:
    • Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
    • Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
  • Then click Finish.
MBAM will automatically start and you will be asked to update the program before performing a scan.
  • If an update is found, the program will automatically update itself.
  • Press the OK button to close that box and continue.
  • If you encounter any problems while downloading the updates, manually download them from here and just double-click on mbam-rules.exe to install.
On the Scanner tab:
  • Make sure the "Perform Quick Acan" option is selected.
  • Then click on the Scan button.
  • If asked to select the drives to scan, leave all the drives selected and click on the Start Scan button.
  • The scan will begin and "Scan in progress" will show at the top. It may take some time to complete so please be patient.
  • When the scan is finished, a message box will say "The scan completed successfully. Click 'Show Results' to display all objects found".
  • Click OK to close the message box and continue with the removal process.
Back at the main Scanner screen:
  • Click on the Show Results button to see a list of any malware that was found.
  • Make sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.
  • When removal is completed, a log report will open in Notepad and you may be prompted to restart your computer. (see Note below)
  • The log is automatically saved and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.
  • Copy and paste the contents of that report in your next reply and exit MBAM.
Note: If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove, you will be presented with 1 of 2 prompts. Click OK to either and let MBAM proceed with the disinfection process. If asked to restart the computer, please do so immediately. Failure to reboot will prevent MBAM from removing all the malware.

Please download ATF Cleaner by Atribune & save it to your desktop. DO NOT use yet.
Please download and install SUPERAntiSpyware Free
  • Double-click SUPERAntiSypware.exe and use the default settings for installation.
  • An icon will be created on your desktop. Double-click that icon to launch the program.
  • If asked to update the program definitions, click "Yes". If not, update the definitions before scanning by selecting "Check for Updates". (If you encounter any problems while downloading the updates, manually download them from here and unzip into the program's folder.)
  • Under the "Configuration and Preferences", click the Preferences... button.
  • Click the "General and Startup" tab, and under Start-up Options, make sure "Start SUPERAntiSpyware when Windows starts" box is unchecked.
  • Click the "Scanning Control" tab, and under Scanner Options, make sure the following are checked (leave all others unchecked):
    • Close browsers before scanning.
    • Scan for tracking cookies.
    • Terminate memory threats before quarantining.
  • Click the "Close" button to leave the control center screen and exit the program.
  • Do not run a scan just yet.
Reboot your computer in "Safe Mode" using the F8 method. To do this, restart your computer and after hearing your computer beep once during startup (but before the Windows icon appears) press the F8 key repeatedly. A menu will appear with several options. Use the arrow keys to navigate and select the option to run Windows in "Safe Mode".

Double-click ATF-Cleaner.exe to run the program.
  • Under Main "Select Files to Delete" choose: Select All.
  • Click the Empty Selected button.
  • If you use Firefox browser click Firefox at the top and choose: Select All
    If you would like to keep your saved passwords, please click No at the prompt.
  • If you use Opera browser click Opera at the top and choose: Select All
    If you would like to keep your saved passwords, please click No at the prompt.
  • Click Exit on the Main menu to close the program.
Note: On Vista, "Windows Temp" is disabled. To empty "Windows Temp" ATF-Cleaner must be "Run as an Administrator".

Scan with SUPERAntiSpyware as follows:
  • Launch the program and back on the main screen, under "Scan for Harmful Software" click Scan your computer.
  • On the left, make sure you check C:\Fixed Drive.
  • On the right, under "Complete Scan", choose Perform Complete Scan and click "Next".
  • After the scan is complete, a Scan Summary box will appear with potentially harmful items that were detected. Click "OK".
  • Make sure everything has a checkmark next to it and click "Next".
  • A notification will appear that "Quarantine and Removal is Complete". Click "OK" and then click the "Finish" button to return to the main menu.
  • If asked if you want to reboot, click "Yes" and reboot normally.
  • To retrieve the removal information after reboot, launch SUPERAntispyware again.
    • Click Preferences, then click the Statistics/Logs tab.
    • Under Scanner Logs, double-click SUPERAntiSpyware Scan Log.
    • If there are several logs, click the current dated log and press View log. A text file will open in your default text editor.
    • Please copy and paste the Scan Log results in your next reply.
  • Click Close to exit the program.
When you're done in safe mode, just reboot and let Windows load normally without tapping anything on the keyboard.

#5 Munchkin25

Munchkin25
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 27 posts
  •  

Posted 07 April 2008 - 02:05 PM

Didn't know about that in the first paragraph. Thanks for letting me know! :thumbsup:

I've been trying all day to figure out how to solve this problem and when I saw that thread, it had all the problems I am having now. I will try this way you posted Quietman, once I get home and see if it gets rid of it. :flowers:

Thanks for being patient with me. :trumpet:

Edited by Munchkin25, 07 April 2008 - 02:06 PM.

#6 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 52,047 posts
  •  

Posted 07 April 2008 - 02:22 PM

Not a problem. That's what we are here for.

#7 Munchkin25

Munchkin25
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 27 posts
  •  

Posted 07 April 2008 - 11:00 PM

Okay, I did everything you told me Quietman, but I am still having my desktop covered in the same screen that says this:

-------------------------------------

Warning: Spyware threat has been detected on your PC. (in yellow)
(yellow line underneath sentence)

(all in white)
Your computer has several fatal errors due to spyware activity.
It is strongly recommended to install an antispyware software to close all security vulnerabilities.
Antispyware software helps protect your PC against spyware and other security threats.

CLICK HERE TO SCAN YOUR PC FOR SPYWARE.... (in yellow - clickable link that takes you to a makeshift Windows Live Security website that encourages you to buy AntispyStorm, plus another fake antispyware software)

-----------------------------------

As I was going through the steps of what you posted, my AVG kept popping up with virus alerts which were mainly trojans. I move them to my vault. Do you think that has anything to do with the screen I'm getting on my desktop?

On the brightside, I do not see AntispyStorm anymore on my desktop, the icon, nor do I get the alert to click that supposedly takes me to the Windows Security site to download the program. And my computer is running faster too! At start up, as soon as I log into my account, I see my original desktop until my icons load then it reverts to the screen I'm talking about. When I rebooted the final time, I made sure I did not touch anything. And I also used the Safe Mode when prompted in the directions you gave me. So what you said work. I just gotta get rid of this stupid screen on my desktop and get my old one back. Any ideas to what I can do? I know I am so close to kicking this thing's butt!!! :thumbsup:

Here the logs you told me to post.

The MBAM log:

Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware 1.10
Database version: 598

Scan type: Quick Scan
Objects scanned: 50251
Time elapsed: 33 minute(s), 6 second(s)

Memory Processes Infected: 1
Memory Modules Infected: 1
Registry Keys Infected: 40
Registry Values Infected: 2
Registry Data Items Infected: 0
Folders Infected: 20
Files Infected: 78

Memory Processes Infected:
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\vwhmzszq\dufmvits.exe (Trojan.FakeAlert) -> Unloaded process successfully.

Memory Modules Infected:
c:\program files\webhancer\Programs\webhdll.dll (Adware.WebHancer) -> Unloaded module successfully.

Registry Keys Infected:
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Interface\{04a38f6b-006f-4247-ba4c-02a139d5531c} (Adware.Minibug) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Typelib\{3c2d2a1e-031f-4397-9614-87c932a848e0} (Adware.Minibug) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\minibugtransporter.minibugtransporterx (Adware.Minibug) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{2b96d5cc-c5b5-49a5-a69d-cc0a30f9028c} (Adware.Minibug) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\minibugtransporter.minibugtransporterx.1 (Adware.Minibug) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Browser Helper Objects\{15651c7c-e812-44a2-a9ac-b467a2233e7d} (Adware.123Mania) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Browser Helper Objects\{622cc208-b014-4fe0-801b-874a5e5e403a} (Adware.123Mania) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\whiehelperobj.whiehelperobj.1 (Adware.WebHancer) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{c900b400-cdfe-11d3-976a-00e02913a9e0} (Adware.WebHancer) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Browser Helper Objects\{c900b400-cdfe-11d3-976a-00e02913a9e0} (Adware.WebHancer) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Interface\{c89435b0-cdfe-11d3-976a-00e02913a9e0} (Adware.WebHancer) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Typelib\{c8cb3870-cdfe-11d3-976a-00e02913a9e0} (Adware.WebHancer) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Browser Helper Objects\{9c5b2f29-1f46-4639-a6b4-828942301d3e} (Fake.Dropped.Malware) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Browser Helper Objects\{ffff0001-0002-101a-a3c9-08002b2f49fb} (Fake.Dropped.Malware) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Browser Helper Objects\{00000250-0320-4dd4-be4f-7566d2314352} (Fake.Dropped.Malware.Renos) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Browser Helper Objects\{13197ace-6851-45c3-a7ff-c281324d5489} (Fake.Dropped.Malware.Renos) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Browser Helper Objects\{4e1075f4-eec4-4a86-add7-cd5f52858c31} (Fake.Dropped.Malware.Renos) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Browser Helper Objects\{4e7bd74f-2b8d-469e-92c6-ce7eb590a94d} (Fake.Dropped.Malware.Renos) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Browser Helper Objects\{5929cd6e-2062-44a4-b2c5-2c7e78fbab38} (Fake.Dropped.Malware.Renos) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Browser Helper Objects\{5dafd089-24b1-4c5e-bd42-8ca72550717b} (Fake.Dropped.Malware.Renos) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Browser Helper Objects\{5fa6752a-c4a0-4222-88c2-928ae5ab4966} (Fake.Dropped.Malware.Renos) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Browser Helper Objects\{8674aea0-9d3d-11d9-99dc-00600f9a01f1} (Fake.Dropped.Malware.Renos) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Browser Helper Objects\{965a592f-8efa-4250-8630-7960230792f1} (Fake.Dropped.Malware.Renos) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Browser Helper Objects\{cf021f40-3e14-23a5-cba2-717765728274} (Fake.Dropped.Malware.Renos) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Browser Helper Objects\{fc3a74e5-f281-4f10-ae1e-733078684f3c} (Fake.Dropped.Malware.Renos) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{5dd8cef7-e063-4f85-a8ef-394912af2a6f} (Rogue.AntispyStorm) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\MiniBugTransporter.MiniBugTransporterX (Adware.Minibug) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\MiniBugTransporter.MiniBugTransporterX.1 (Adware.Minibug) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\mwc (Trojan.FakeAlert) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\MySearch (Adware.MyWebSearch) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\xpre (Trojan.Downloader) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\WR (Malware.Trace) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\xflock (Malware.Trace) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\FCOVM (Trojan.Vundo) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\RemoveRP (Trojan.Vundo) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\whiehelperobj.whiehelperobj (Adware.WebHancer) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\webHancer (Adware.WebHancer) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\FocusInteractive (Adware.MyWebSearch) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\as_ie_monitor.ie_monitor (Rogue.AntispyStorm) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\mdReg.clsReg (Rogue.AntispyStorm) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

Registry Values Infected:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\AntispyStorm (Rogue.AntispyStorm) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\runner1 (Trojan.Downloader) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

Registry Data Items Infected:
(No malicious items detected)

Folders Infected:
C:\Program Files\180searchassistant (Adware.180Solutions) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Program Files\180solutions (Adware.180Solutions) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Program Files\zango (Adware.180Solutions) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Program Files\seekmo (Adware.180Solutions) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Program Files\180search assistant (Adware.180Solutions) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Program Files\webHancer (Adware.Webhancer) -> Delete on reboot.
C:\Program Files\webHancer\Programs (Adware.Webhancer) -> Delete on reboot.
C:\Program Files\AntispyStorm (Rogue.AntispyStorm) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\PerfInfo (Rogue.WinPerformance) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Rabio\Search Enhancer (Adware.SearchEnhancer) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\nGpxx01 (Trojan.Downloader) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Program Files\QdrDrive (Adware.AdBand) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Program Files\QdrModule (Adware.ISM) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Program Files\stc (Fake.Dropped.Malware) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Program Files\Sysmnt (Fake.Dropped.Malware) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Rabio (Adware.Rabio) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\FLEOK (Fake.Dropped.Malware) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Program Files\MyWay (Adware.MyWay) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Program Files\MyWay\myBar (Adware.MyWay) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Program Files\MyWay\SrchAstt (Adware.MyWay) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

Files Infected:
c:\program files\webhancer\Programs\webhdll.dll (Adware.WebHancer) -> Delete on reboot.
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\vwhmzszq\dufmvits.exe (Trojan.FakeAlert) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\WeatherBug\MiniBugTransporter.dll (Adware.Minibug) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Program Files\webHancer\Programs\whiehlpr.dll (Adware.WebHancer) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\Zora\Local Settings\Temp\BatSetup.exe (Adware.Batco) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\Zora\Local Settings\Temp\syswcc32.exe (Adware.Webhancer) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Program Files\180searchassistant\saap.exe (Adware.180Solutions) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Program Files\180searchassistant\sac.exe (Adware.180Solutions) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Program Files\180solutions\sais.exe (Adware.180Solutions) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Program Files\zango\zango.exe (Adware.180Solutions) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Program Files\seekmo\seekmohook.dll (Adware.180Solutions) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Program Files\180search assistant\180sa.exe (Adware.180Solutions) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Program Files\180search assistant\sau.exe (Adware.180Solutions) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Program Files\AntispyStorm\AntispyStorm.exe (Rogue.AntispyStorm) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Program Files\AntispyStorm\clsReg.dll (Rogue.AntispyStorm) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Program Files\AntispyStorm\config.dat (Rogue.AntispyStorm) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Program Files\AntispyStorm\filesbase.bin (Rogue.AntispyStorm) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Program Files\AntispyStorm\global_virus_table.bin (Rogue.AntispyStorm) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Program Files\AntispyStorm\ignoredomainsbase.bin (Rogue.AntispyStorm) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Program Files\AntispyStorm\ignorefilesbase.bin (Rogue.AntispyStorm) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Program Files\AntispyStorm\ignoreregsbase.bin (Rogue.AntispyStorm) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Program Files\AntispyStorm\regbase.bin (Rogue.AntispyStorm) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Program Files\AntispyStorm\stat.bin (Rogue.AntispyStorm) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Program Files\AntispyStorm\urlbase.bin (Rogue.AntispyStorm) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\PerfInfo\zmWRLi89CLwp.exe (Rogue.WinPerformance) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Program Files\QdrModule\QdrModule15.exe (Adware.ISM) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Program Files\stc\csv5p070.exe (Fake.Dropped.Malware) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Program Files\Sysmnt\Ssmgr.exe (Fake.Dropped.Malware) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\FLEOK\180ax.exe (Fake.Dropped.Malware) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\000090.exe (Trojan.Agent) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\pac.txt (Malware.Trace) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\avifile32.dll (Fake.Dropped.Malware) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\avisynthex32.dll (Fake.Dropped.Malware) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\aviwrap32.dll (Fake.Dropped.Malware) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\bjam.dll (Fake.Dropped.Malware) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\bokja.exe (Fake.Dropped.Malware) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\browserad.dll (Fake.Dropped.Malware) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\cdsm32.dll (Fake.Dropped.Malware) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\changeurl_30.dll (Fake.Dropped.Malware) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\didduid.ini (Fake.Dropped.Malware) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\msa64chk.dll (Fake.Dropped.Malware) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\msapasrc.dll (Fake.Dropped.Malware) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\mspphe.dll (Fake.Dropped.Malware) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\123messenger.per (Fake.Dropped.Malware) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\mssvr.exe (Fake.Dropped.Malware) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\ntnut.exe (Fake.Dropped.Malware) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\saiemod.dll (Fake.Dropped.Malware) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\salm.exe (Fake.Dropped.Malware) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\shdocpe.dll (Fake.Dropped.Malware) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\shdocpl.dll (Fake.Dropped.Malware) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\stcloader.exe (Fake.Dropped.Malware) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\swin32.dll (Fake.Dropped.Malware) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\updatetc.exe (Fake.Dropped.Malware) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\voiceip.dll (Fake.Dropped.Malware) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\winsb.dll (Fake.Dropped.Malware) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\MSIXU.DLL (Fake.Dropped.Malware) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\MSNSA32.dll (Fake.Dropped.Malware) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\ntnut32.exe (Fake.Dropped.Malware) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\shdocpe.dll (Fake.Dropped.Malware) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\SIPSPI32.dll (Fake.Dropped.Malware) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\WER8274.DLL (Fake.Dropped.Malware) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\Installer\id53.exe (Fake.Dropped.Malware) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\180ax.exe (Fake.Dropped.Malware) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\2020search.dll (Fake.Dropped.Malware) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\2020search2.dll (Fake.Dropped.Malware) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\apphelp32.dll (Fake.Dropped.Malware) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\asferror32.dll (Fake.Dropped.Malware) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\asycfilt32.dll (Fake.Dropped.Malware) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\athprxy32.dll (Fake.Dropped.Malware) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\ati2dvaa32.dll (Fake.Dropped.Malware) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\ati2dvag32.dll (Fake.Dropped.Malware) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\audiosrv32.dll (Fake.Dropped.Malware) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\autodisc32.dll (Fake.Dropped.Malware) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\licencia.txt (Malware.Trace) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\telefonos.txt (Malware.Trace) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\textos.txt (Malware.Trace) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winfrun32.bin (Malware.Trace) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Desktop\AntispyStorm.lnk (Rogue.AntispyStorm) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

Here are some item Malware Bytes' Anti-Malware could not remove even with the reboot of the computer:

c:\program files\webhancer\Programs\webhdll.dll
C:\Program Files\webHancer
C:\Program Files\webHancer\Programs

And finally the SUPERAntiSpyware log:

SUPERAntiSpyware Scan Log
http://www.superantispyware.com

Generated 04/08/2008 at 00:34 AM

Application Version : 4.0.1154

Core Rules Database Version : 3432
Trace Rules Database Version: 1424

Scan type : Complete Scan
Total Scan Time : 02:53:08

Memory items scanned : 186
Memory threats detected : 0
Registry items scanned : 6476
Registry threats detected : 47
File items scanned : 68449
File threats detected : 2

Unclassified.Unknown Origin
HKLM\Software\Classes\CLSID\{2AB289AE-4B90-4281-B2AE-1F4BB034B647}
HKCR\CLSID\{2AB289AE-4B90-4281-B2AE-1F4BB034B647}
HKCR\CLSID\{2AB289AE-4B90-4281-B2AE-1F4BB034B647}
HKCR\CLSID\{2AB289AE-4B90-4281-B2AE-1F4BB034B647}\InprocServer32
HKCR\CLSID\{2AB289AE-4B90-4281-B2AE-1F4BB034B647}\InprocServer32#ThreadingModel
HKCR\CLSID\{2AB289AE-4B90-4281-B2AE-1F4BB034B647}\KeyPhrasesFileName
HKCR\CLSID\{2AB289AE-4B90-4281-B2AE-1F4BB034B647}\ProgID
HKCR\CLSID\{2AB289AE-4B90-4281-B2AE-1F4BB034B647}\VersionIndependentProgID
C:\PROGRAM FILES\RXTOOLBAR\SFCONT.DLL
HKCR\PROTOCOLS\Filter\text/html
HKCR\PROTOCOLS\Filter\text/html#CLSID

Adware.RX Toolbar
HKLM\Software\Classes\CLSID\{59879FA4-4790-461c-A1CC-4EC4DE4CA483}
HKCR\CLSID\{59879FA4-4790-461C-A1CC-4EC4DE4CA483}
HKCR\CLSID\{59879FA4-4790-461C-A1CC-4EC4DE4CA483}
HKCR\CLSID\{59879FA4-4790-461C-A1CC-4EC4DE4CA483}\InprocServer32
HKCR\CLSID\{59879FA4-4790-461C-A1CC-4EC4DE4CA483}\InprocServer32#ThreadingModel
HKCR\CLSID\{59879FA4-4790-461C-A1CC-4EC4DE4CA483}\ProgID
HKCR\CLSID\{59879FA4-4790-461C-A1CC-4EC4DE4CA483}\VersionIndependentProgID
HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Browser Helper Objects\{59879FA4-4790-461c-A1CC-4EC4DE4CA483}

Adware.Cydoor
HKU\S-1-5-21-1659004503-1606980848-1801674531-1004\Software\Cydoor
HKLM\Software\Cydoor
HKLM\Software\Cydoor#AdwrCnt

Adware.MyWay
HKLM\Software\MyWay
HKLM\Software\MyWay\myBar
HKLM\Software\MyWay\myBar#Dir
HKLM\Software\MyWay\myBar#pid
HKLM\Software\MyWay\myBar#CurInstall
HKLM\Software\MyWay\myBar#sr
HKLM\Software\MyWay\myBar#pl
HKLM\Software\MyWay\myBar#Id
HKLM\Software\MyWay\myBar#CacheDir
HKLM\Software\MyWay\myBar#HistoryDir
HKLM\Software\MyWay\myBar#SettingsDir
HKLM\Software\MyWay\myBar#ConfigDateStamp
HKLM\Software\MyWay\myBar#LastChange
HKLM\Software\MyWay\myBar#Maximized
HKLM\Software\MyWay\myBar#Visible
HKLM\Software\MyWay\myBar\downloaded
HKLM\Software\MyWay\SearchAssistant
HKLM\Software\MyWay\SearchAssistant#Dir
HKLM\Software\MyWay\SearchAssistant#pid
HKLM\Software\MyWay\SearchAssistant#CurInstall
HKLM\Software\MyWay\SearchAssistant#sr
HKLM\Software\MyWay\SearchAssistant#pl
HKLM\Software\MyWay\SearchAssistant#Id
HKLM\Software\MyWay\SearchAssistant#CacheDir
HKLM\Software\MyWay\SearchAssistant#ConfigDateStamp

Adware.WebHancer
HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run#webHancer Agent [ C:\Program Files\webHancer\Programs\whagent.exe ]

Rogue.WinXPPerformance-Dropper
C:\WINDOWS\WHKPGTGV.DLL

Edited by Munchkin25, 07 April 2008 - 11:03 PM.

#8 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 52,047 posts
  •  

Posted 08 April 2008 - 08:53 AM

With the amount of infected we files found, I recommend further investigation.

Please read the pinned topic titled "Preparation Guide For Use Before Posting A Hijackthis Log" and complete all the steps. There are instructions for downloading and running Deckard's System Scanner (DSS) which will create a hijackthis log for you, or automatically download and install the most current version of HijackThis if it's not already installed on your computer.

When you have done that, post your log in the HijackThis Logs and Malware Removal forum, NOT here, for assistance by the HJT Team Experts. A member of the Team will walk you through, step by step, on how to clean your computer. If you post your log back in this thread, the response from the HJT Team will be delayed because your post will have to be moved. This means it will fall in line behind any others posted that same day.

Start a new topic, give it a relevant title and post your log along with a brief description of your problem, a summary of any anti-malware tools you have used and a summary of any steps that you have performed on your own. An expert will analyze your log and reply with instructions advising you what to fix. After doing this, we would appreciate if you post a link to your log back here so we know that your getting help from the HJT Team.

#9 Munchkin25

Munchkin25
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 27 posts
  •  

Posted 08 April 2008 - 04:26 PM

Here is the thread I created in the HJT board.

Quietman, I would like to thank you for all you have done for me last night. It really has been a big help. Thank you so much! :thumbsup:

#10 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 52,047 posts
  •  

Posted 08 April 2008 - 07:30 PM

After posting a log you should NOT make further changes to your computer (install/uninstall programs, use special fix tools, delete files, edit the registry, etc) unless advised by a HJT Team member, nor should you continue to ask for help elsewhere. Doing so can result in system changes which may not show it the log you already posted. Further, any modifications you make on your own may cause confusion for the member assisting you and could complicate the malware removal process which would extend the time it takes to clean your computer.

From this point on the HJT Team should be the only members that you take advice from, until they have verified your log as clean.

If after 5 days you still have received no response, then post a link to your HJT log in the thread titled "Haven't Had A Reply In Five Days?".

To avoid confusion, I am closing this topic until you are cleared by the HJT Team. If you still need assistance after your log has been reviewed and you have been cleared, please PM me or another moderator and we will re-open this topic.

Thanks for your cooperation and good luck with your log.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users