Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Add Copy/move To Windows Right Click Menu

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 DVtriple6

DVtriple6

• Members
  • 42 posts
  •  
  • Location:Inside my computer trying to figure out what things are
  • Local time:08:32 PM

Posted 07 April 2008 - 11:31 AM

Why didn't MS enable this in the first place? Anyway I find this very useful. All you need to do is click the link below, it's a safe site.
Choose download, extract the archive file, and double click the registry files. Both of them. Now you should be able to move and copy files much easier than before.

How to Geek link: http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows/add...ght-click-menu/

ALWAYS BEWARE: MAKING CHANGES IN YOUR REGISTRY IS DONE AT YOUR OWN RISK EVEN THOUGH THIS IS A SMALL EDIT. I WOULD ADVICE YOU TO BACK UP YOUR REGISTRY PRIOR TO MAKING CHANGES.

Edited by DVtriple6, 07 April 2008 - 11:32 AM.

Posted Image

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Juha

Juha

• Members
  • 512 posts
  •  

Posted 07 April 2008 - 12:22 PM

Why didn't MS enable this in the first place? Anyway I find this very useful.

Just as a future reference (for those who might want to know more before visiting the site), this "hidden functionality in Windows":

... allows you to right click on a file, select Copy To Folder or Move To Folder, and the move to box will pop up and let you choose a location to either copy or move the file or folder to.

(From the posted link)

#3 DVtriple6

DVtriple6
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 42 posts
  •  
  • Location:Inside my computer trying to figure out what things are

Posted 03 June 2008 - 09:17 PM

Thanks, I should've mentioned that :thumbsup:
Usefull none the less