Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Review Of Iogear Digital Scribe

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 dominose

dominose

• Members
  • 62 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:12 AM

Posted 07 April 2008 - 10:15 AM

I asked about digital pens before buying, saying thanks for people who tried to help by posting review ...
I got the Iogear GPEN100C.
It messes up my handwriting pretty badly, worse at the top and bottom of the page, but even in the middle it's somewhat mangled, o's and a's don't close, etc. There's about a 6" length of page where it records writing more accurately.
So if what you want is a good copy of your handwriting, not something that looks like you were drunk when you wrote it, this is not a good pen for that.
I attached a scanned-in image of what the ink on the page looked like, vs. the digital version it made. (the written over parts on the scanned image are where I changed my mind, edited the digital copy and rewrote).
The software for it is also not very good and to write with the pen, you have to use their software, it won't write into Windows Paint or Windows Journal.
Laura
Posted Image

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Sneakycyber

Sneakycyber

Network Engineer

• BC Advisor
  • 6,137 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:12 AM

Posted 07 April 2008 - 07:01 PM

Did you look into the one I posted to in your original thread? http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/ind...mp;#entry772906
Chad Mockensturm 
Network Engineer
Certified CompTia Network +, A +

#3 dominose

dominose
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 62 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:12 AM

Posted 07 April 2008 - 08:07 PM

Did you look into the one I posted to in your original thread?

I hadn't seen your reply, actually. That one actually is probably better at recording writing than the Iogear device, because it does use special paper, the Anoto technology. The Iogear device tries to get along without special paper, they use ultrasound or something and it obviously doesn't work very well! I didn't find any digital pens using special paper that work on Windows Vista when I looked, but now apparently one has come out. I really just wanted something to enter graphics input into my PC, I don't need to store info in a pen and send it to the PC later.
Thanks
Laura

Edited by dominose, 07 April 2008 - 08:23 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users