Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Sdfix.exe

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 nadja-tatjana

nadja-tatjana

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:35 AM

Posted 07 April 2008 - 01:30 AM

Hello,

I have a little problem. My computer is hooked by trahtibedoh.sys file. I have used your SDFix.exe software. Everything was ok until I type Y and press enter. Instead of next screen; starting repairs:
Checking running processes and services:::
Please be Patient as this may take up to 20 minutes

following sentence appeares; THE SYSTEM CANNOT FIND THE PATH SPECIFIED. :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Teenage.Zombiee

Teenage.Zombiee

• Members
  • 831 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:35 AM

Posted 07 April 2008 - 10:48 AM

Hi nadja-tatjana :thumbsup:

Have you tried deleting and downloading SD fix again?

Teenage.Zombiee is back ! :halloween:

#3 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,734 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:35 AM

Posted 07 April 2008 - 11:48 AM

trahtibedoh.sys is related to a rootkit componet. Rootkits are very dangerous because they use advanced techniques as a means of accessing a computer system that bypasses security mechanisms and steal sensitive information which they send back to the hacker. Many rootkits can hook into the Windows 32-bit kernel, and patch several APIs to hide new registry keys and files they install. Remote attackers use backdoor Trojans and rootkits as part of an exploit to to gain unauthorized access to a computer and take control of it without your knowledge.

If your computer was used for online banking, has credit card information or other sensitive data on it, you should immediately disconnect from the Internet until your system is cleaned. All passwords should be changed immediately to include those used for banking, email, eBay, paypal and online forums. You should consider them to be compromised. They should be changed by using a different computer and not the infected one. If not, an attacker may get the new passwords and transaction information. Banking and credit card institutions should be notified of the possible security breach. Because your computer was compromised please read How Do I Handle Possible Identify Theft, Internet Fraud and CC Fraud?

Although the rootkit has been identified and may be removed, your PC has likely been compromised and there is no way to be sure the computer can ever be trusted again. It is dangerous and incorrect to assume that because the rootkit has been removed the computer is now secure. Many experts in the security community believe that once infected with this type of malware, the best course of action is to wipe the drive clean, reformat and reinstall the OS. Please read "When should I re-format? How should I reinstall?" and "Reformatting the computer or troubleshooting; which is best?".

Should you decide not to follow that advice, we will do our best to help clean the computer of any infections but we cannot guarantee it to be trustworthy or that the removal will be successful. Let me know how you wish to proceed.
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

#4 nadja-tatjana

nadja-tatjana
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:35 AM

Posted 08 April 2008 - 01:38 AM

Hi quietman7

First of all I would like to try the easiest way. Help me clean the computer of this rootkit component. If there will be no results I will reformat the HDD.

have a nice day, :thumbsup:

#5 ruby1

ruby1

a forum member

• Members
  • 2,375 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:35 PM

Posted 08 April 2008 - 12:07 PM

would like to try the easiest way. Help me clean the computer of this rootkit component.

the easiest way may not be the perhaps most sensible way which , as Quietman7 has said would be the reformat and reinstallation way

I think that maybe you are not really realising Quietman 7 is warning you of identity theft from this infection on your computer?

have you done ANY on line banking , purchasing or input any credit/debit card details, or been to 'secure sites' to log in with specific passwords etc?

maybe you do not appreciate the seriousness of the infection and how 'identity theft' works or its implications for you ??

#6 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,734 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:35 AM

Posted 08 April 2008 - 01:44 PM

Your decision as to what action to take should be made by asking yourself the questions presented in the "When should I re-format?" link. Reformatting, wiping your drive and doing a clean install of the OS removes everything and is the safest action.

If you wish to continue, please read the pinned topic titled "Preparation Guide For Use Before Posting A Hijackthis Log" and complete all the steps. There are instructions for downloading and running Deckard's System Scanner (DSS) which will create a hijackthis log for you, or automatically download and install the most current version of HijackThis if it's not already installed on your computer.

When you have done that, post your log in the HijackThis Logs and Malware Removal forum, NOT here, for assistance by the HJT Team Experts. A member of the Team will walk you through, step by step, on how to clean your computer. If you post your log back in this thread, the response from the HJT Team will be delayed because your post will have to be moved. This means it will fall in line behind any others posted that same day.

Start a new topic, give it a relevant title and post your log along with a brief description of your problem, a summary of any anti-malware tools you have used and a summary of any steps that you have performed on your own. An expert will analyze your log and reply with instructions advising you what to fix. After doing this, we would appreciate if you post a link to your log back here so we know that your getting help from the HJT Team.

Please be patient. It may take a while to get a response because the HJT Team members are very busy working logs posted before yours. They are volunteers who will help you out as soon as possible. Once you have made your post and are waiting, please DO NOT "bump" your post or make another reply until it has been responded to by a member of the HJT Team. Generally the staff checks the forum for postings that have 0 replies as this makes it easier for them to identify those who have not been helped. If you post another response there will be 1 reply. A team member, looking for a new log to work may assume another HJT Team member is already assisting you and not open the thread to respond.
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users