Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Howdy from Yemen

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 JoeCanuck

JoeCanuck

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:04 PM

Posted 22 March 2005 - 06:47 AM

Good day, folks. I'm from Canada, work in Yemen and live in Ukraine. (love those flyer points)

As with some of you, I suppose, I finally got off my butt and started looking for nasty bleep installed on my system. After downloading free ZoneAlarm, I kept getting a bunch of firewall hits from programs I didn't recognize. I have Adaware se, Spybot s&d, Adblaster and Norton anti virus. Still, a few things persist. Pcpittstop detected a few things it didn't recognize. Further searching led me to Hijack this and this forum.

In my short time looking around here, it seems there are a lot of folks willing to help out we who are, (relatively), helpless.

Thanks in advance to whomever offers aid.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 KoanYorel

KoanYorel

Bleepin' Conundrum

• Members
  • 19,461 posts
  •  
  • Location:65 miles due East of the "Logic Free Zone", in Md, USA
  • Local time:03:04 PM

Posted 22 March 2005 - 07:05 AM

Welcome to Bleeping Computer there "Joe Canuck"

Nice to see another "overseas" working individual amongst all here.

There is a good crew here willing to help out - all are volunteers too!

Please take some time and read through the forums, maybe starting here...

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/How...orum-t1112.html
Please have some patience. The HJT team will get to you as they are able to do so.

Ask all the questions you want here, we all learn from each other and the questions
we pose

regards,
KoanYorel
The only easy day was yesterday.

...some do, some don't; some will, some won't (WR)

#3 jgweed

jgweed

• Members
  • 28,473 posts
  •  

Posted 22 March 2005 - 10:21 AM

You have come to the right place for help, as well as to learn more about computers and computer security. Our friendly members share expertise, experience, and knowledge with one another in the forums, and are always ready to lend a hand with a question or problem.
Welcome to BC!
Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#4 Leurgy

Leurgy

Voted most likely

• Members
  • 3,831 posts
  •  

Posted 22 March 2005 - 11:08 AM

Hi Joecanuck and welcome from a fellow canuck. Take a look at the bottom of this page for the Spyware/HJ Detector and click on that link for a quick analysis.

Hope you find this site helpful and informative.

When the only tool you own is a hammer, every problem begins to resemble a nail. Abraham Maslo

**** We use our powers for good, not evil ****

Trying to remove your data from the web is like trying to remove pee from a swimming pool

#5 JoeCanuck

JoeCanuck
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 23 March 2005 - 05:19 AM

Many thanks to IMM for helping me clean the bleep out of my system. It's running as well as a 3 year old unit can be expected to. Great work.

#6 frankie12

frankie12

• Members
  • 941 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:04 PM

Posted 23 March 2005 - 11:27 AM

:thumbsup: to BC JoeCanuck

Enjoy your time at BC!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users