Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Practical Use Of C++

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 waggywheel

waggywheel

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:18 PM

Posted 06 April 2008 - 07:47 PM

Hi all,

i learnt basic C++, long time ago ... but now i 'm not really in touch. bt i 've always wondered where programmers would be using it in practical scenario. i 'm not trying to insult C++, as i know its very powerful language (after english :thumbsup: ...) ... but just curious to know the usages where it can be handy. few examples would help ...

Thanks in advance ...

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Kristopher McDougall

Kristopher McDougall

• Members
  • 57 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:18 PM

Posted 06 April 2008 - 09:49 PM

Hey! I used to do some programs in C++ working with the DirectX SDK. Everything else I do is in VB.

#3 groovicus

groovicus

• Security Colleague
  • 9,963 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:18 PM

Posted 07 April 2008 - 09:58 AM

Check this interview out:
http://channel8.msdn.com/Posts/Getting-a-J...izzard-Edition/

You will have to install Siverlight for the video to work.

#4 waggywheel

waggywheel
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:18 PM

Posted 07 April 2008 - 06:38 PM

wow ... that was really a nice discussion ... and now it kinda feels good knowing that all those games i play, most of them are developed in C++ ... i really wish i could do somethind like that :thumbsup:

thanks groovicus ... i learned something new today, bcoz of you

#5 groovicus

groovicus

• Security Colleague
  • 9,963 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:18 PM

Posted 08 April 2008 - 09:10 PM

I thought it was a nice interview also. there are going to be a few more interviews with other game developers over the next few weeks (at least that is what I have been told) :thumbsup:

i really wish i could do somethind like that

How do you know that you cannot? Have you tried?

#6 Alan-LB

Alan-LB

• Members
  • 71 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:18 AM

Posted 12 April 2008 - 08:25 PM

I have used C++ for applications and systems (ie not games) programming and in teaching for years and will continue to do so. I used VB in the past (version 4) and tried MS Visual C++ but found it preferable to move away from the Microsoft environment. Just my own personal choice.

One famous person was aked "Do you play the piano?". He replied "I don't know, I haven't tried yet!".

Alan
There are 10 types of people - those who understand binary and those who don't!!

Today is the Beta version of Tomorrow!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users