Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Have You Ever Been Broke Down Waiting On A Ride?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Martel

Martel

Drfixup Human Internet Solutions

• Members
  • 1,468 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:42 AM

Posted 06 April 2008 - 07:17 PM

Whenever I have broken down and waiting on someone to come get me e.g. flat tire, timing belt, transmission, engine blown.

It is nice to know when help will arrive ..no matter how long or short it gives you something mentally to focus on.

Do you think I should unpost my HJT log?

While browsing the HJT logs I see others that are posted and get a reply the same day.

I wonder if I have somehow not actually posted the log.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Kristopher McDougall

Kristopher McDougall

• Members
  • 57 posts
  •  

Posted 06 April 2008 - 07:25 PM

Hello, yeah it took a R E A L long time for me to get help also but I think lots of it depends on the problem. There is a topic to post in if you have not got a responce after five days (i think it is five days but could be wrong), I would post there with a link to your original topic.

#3 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,090 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:42 PM

Posted 06 April 2008 - 07:27 PM

It's 5 days - the info is in the pinned topics at the top of the HiJackThis forum ( http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/f/22/virus-trojan-spyware-and-malware-removal-logs/ )
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#4 Kristopher McDougall

Kristopher McDougall

• Members
  • 57 posts
  •  

Posted 06 April 2008 - 07:28 PM

Is this the topic you are talking about :
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/137370/browser-cant-display-page/

Does the prob happen in all browsers for just one? IE, Mozilla, Opera, etc ... ? Does the prob happen on all computers on the connection or just one? Is this a problem on a wireless connection or wired?

#5 MattV

MattV

• Members
  • 736 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:42 PM

Posted 06 April 2008 - 10:17 PM

Is this the topic you are talking about :
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/137370/browser-cant-display-page/

Does the prob happen in all browsers for just one? IE, Mozilla, Opera, etc ... ? Does the prob happen on all computers on the connection or just one? Is this a problem on a wireless connection or wired?

If that is the topic in question, my first suspicion would be improperly configured security software.

I had (notice tense) a friend that knew nothing about the way computers worked, and couldn't be bothered with reading the story about the Spanish boy - "Manual". He called me once about not being able to connect to the I-net any more. When I got there, it didn't take me long to discover and correct the problem. He'd downloaded a security program, and then proceeded to block I-net access for everything he didn't know the function of. Which included, of course, the internet connection software.

Every other day this guy would be calling me to come fix something he'd screwed up. Once, when his computer wouldn't function at all, it turned out that he'd been poking around with Windows Explorer and noticed all kinds of files taking up all kinds of room on his hard drive. He couldn't run any of them, so he came to the conclusion that he didn't need any of them. So he proceeded to tell the machine to find and delete *.dll!!

What an idiot. I finally got rid of him when I moved to Hawaii. :thumbsup:

#6 Martel

Martel

Drfixup Human Internet Solutions

• Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,468 posts
  •  

Posted 07 April 2008 - 06:49 PM

Kristopher McDougall
Yes, I found ..or actually was directed there and posted.
I know that the HJT team is swamped so I posted here like a passenger on layover at an airport.
When I travel to and from Japan I am starving for somebody to talk to from the sheer boredom of the trip.

usasma

Thank you for pointing that out, I hadn't realized that.

Kristopher McDougall II

Yes, that is the one and it only happens on one unit all browsers. Wired

MattV

Yes, that is the topic.
And I haven't changed my security software, I have had the same for long time.

That story of your friend is hilarious :thumbsup: It reminds of a co-worker of mine who bought a new computer.
He did not like the fact that all the things were running in his computer. Thia was back in the days of MS-DOS.
Anyway he called and asked if I knew the command to delete an unwanted file.
I told him "del filename.extention" . Little did I know that he would figure out through dir *.* that he could combine the *.* with del.
Through different conversations he learned mkdir and rmdir
What a mess!!!
Then he was mad because he could not delete un-empty directories using rmdir.
He went through the computer dismantling every directory.

Then he calls me wanting to know ..."Why won't it run"?

AND GUESS WHAT!!!!! My HJT log has been looked at today Woo Hoo! I think

Edited by Martel, 07 April 2008 - 07:13 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users