Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Xp Sp3

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Rayal49

Rayal49

• Members
  • 119 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:02 PM

Posted 06 April 2008 - 06:30 PM

Can anyone tell me is XP service pack3 yet available

Rayal

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Juha

Juha

• Members
  • 512 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:02 PM

Posted 06 April 2008 - 07:02 PM

Microsoft has announced that it plans to release Windows XP Service Pack 3 (SP3) in the second half of April 2008.[31] A feature set overview has been posted by Microsoft[32] and details new features available separately as standalone updates to Windows XP...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windows_XP#Service_Pack_3

Not officially yet it seems. Just rumours going on. You will almost certainly hear about it here on BC when it is released.

Edited by Juha, 06 April 2008 - 07:04 PM.

#3 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,880 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:02 AM

Posted 06 April 2008 - 07:15 PM

Just the beta RC2 version, Download details Windows XP SP3 RC2 - http://209.85.173.104/search?q=cache:HJHLg...;cd=1&gl=us

Although I have it installed (and have observed no problems), I don't see any reason for average users to hurry to install beta software which might prove troublesome beyond individual abilities/willingness to work around/fix.

Louis

Edited by hamluis, 07 April 2008 - 11:54 AM.

#4 ///

///

• Members
  • 148 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:02 PM

Posted 06 April 2008 - 09:57 PM

It's going to come out in the middle of the year. I can't wait, I already downloaded the RC2 :thumbsup:

#5 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,603 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:02 AM

Posted 06 April 2008 - 10:43 PM

Microsoft has a tendency to foist their new software on the public to debug in the beta form. It's usually a little buggy and can cause problems for those not expecting it. Their IE-7 was a good example. I will wait for the finished service pack.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#6 nigglesnush85

nigglesnush85

• Members
  • 4,371 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:02 PM

Posted 07 April 2008 - 08:55 AM

Microsoft has a tendency to foist their new software on the public to debug in the beta form. It's usually a little buggy and can cause problems for those not expecting it. Their IE-7 was a good example. I will wait for the finished service pack.

I agree completely.
From what I have heard, the majority of SP3 will just be bugfixes, and a last ditch attempt to finish of the bugs in XP so that they can focus on selling Vista.
When SP2 came out many people had to reformat and start again because it had damaged the system.
Regards,

Alan.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users