Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Can't Load Windows After Smitfraudfix

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 jpierce55

jpierce55

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:47 PM

Posted 06 April 2008 - 06:19 PM

I seen this topic :http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=89339&hl=smitfraudfix but the ftp link does not work. Is there any other way to get the hdd up and going again.

This is not for my pc but somebody elses, :thumbsup: I ran the smitfraudfix because the had the antivirgear virus. Now it just gets a blue screen with an error and even safe mode does not work.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 DaChew

DaChew

Visiting Alien

• Members
  • 10,317 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:47 AM

Posted 06 April 2008 - 07:39 PM

I had one almost this bad after someone ran some fixes with a program called teatimer active, everything I tried in safe mode wouldn't work, I then ran windows as a repair disk, then go into normal mode, I applied some fixes and cleaned the computer but applying windows updates would crash it and my mouse keep locking up. Tore the computer apart trying to find the problem, I ran windows as a repair disk again and it worked, the bookkeeper says it's running better than ever.

You could try and pull the hard drive and get any important data off it, be careful you don't infect the other computer.

Then do a clean install after formatting the hard drive

Edited by DaChew, 06 April 2008 - 07:40 PM.

Chewy

No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try.

#3 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,579 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:47 PM

Posted 07 April 2008 - 05:03 PM

What does the blue screen error message say?
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users