Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Can't Save .wav Files By Right Clicking, Save As/target

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 saubunch

saubunch

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:18 AM

Posted 06 April 2008 - 01:49 PM

I know I've done this before. I get on a free wav download site, find a wav file and can't save it.

I've tried playing it in a new window and trying the "file" and "save as" feature, but it is always greyed out and can't be used. Same with right clicking. It greys out the option to "save target". Do I need to change something in my Internet Options or am I just losing it?

Help! and Thanks in advance.
Some people are like slinkies, not really good for anything, but it makes you smile if you push them down a flight of stairs!
XP H.E.Version 2002 S.P.2 - eMachines W3107, AMD Sempron, 1800 MHz (9 x 200) 3100+,1.81 GHz, 384 MB of RAM,FIC K8MC51G,nVIDIA GeForce 6100, AMD Hammer,Seagate 93GB IDE,Ffox & O.E.,Cable Modem,AVAST 4.7.1098 /McAfee AVERT Stinger,SpywareBlaster 3.5.0.1/SpyNoMore/Spyware Dr./Spybot S&D/Ad-Aware 2007,ProCon/Windows Firewall/HijackThis

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Kristopher McDougall

Kristopher McDougall

• Members
  • 57 posts
  •  

Posted 06 April 2008 - 04:23 PM

try to right-click on the actual link to the file ... there should be a 'save target as' option.

#3 Kristopher McDougall

Kristopher McDougall

• Members
  • 57 posts
  •  

Posted 06 April 2008 - 07:19 PM

what browser are you using?

#4 hillbillygreek

hillbillygreek

• Members
  • 397 posts
  •  

Posted 07 April 2008 - 02:23 AM

Clear out your Internet Temp Files/Browsing History. You may have Content Advisor Enabled. See:

Save Target As and Print Target Commands Are Unavailable

Save target as-greyed out

Edited by hillbillygreek, 07 April 2008 - 02:49 AM.

#5 saubunch

saubunch
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  

Posted 08 April 2008 - 04:40 PM

Genius! Pure genius hillbillygreek! It was that darn content advisor, by golly!

Thank you soooooo much!

PROBLEM SOLVED

:thumbsup:
Some people are like slinkies, not really good for anything, but it makes you smile if you push them down a flight of stairs!
XP H.E.Version 2002 S.P.2 - eMachines W3107, AMD Sempron, 1800 MHz (9 x 200) 3100+,1.81 GHz, 384 MB of RAM,FIC K8MC51G,nVIDIA GeForce 6100, AMD Hammer,Seagate 93GB IDE,Ffox & O.E.,Cable Modem,AVAST 4.7.1098 /McAfee AVERT Stinger,SpywareBlaster 3.5.0.1/SpyNoMore/Spyware Dr./Spybot S&D/Ad-Aware 2007,ProCon/Windows Firewall/HijackThis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users