Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

"stop 0xc000021a" Error

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 kivvi

kivvi

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:50 PM

Posted 05 April 2008 - 08:31 PM

the problem is with my acer laptop till yesterday it was working properly until suddenly 2day when i try starting windows normally a massage appear saying "insufficient system resources exit to complete the API"

i tried logging into safe mode or any other mode this msg appeared
STOP: c000021a {Fatal System Error}
The Windows Logon Process system process terminated unexpectedly with a status of 0xc0000034 (0x00000000 0x0000000)
The system has been shutdown.

i read in other sites that i can fix it with command prompt which i cannot access from the F8 menu and i think i need a boot disk for it :s

then there was another solution that is to setup a new xp
since my laptop has no floppy disk drive ill have to use a cd boot disk for windows xp

plz if anybody has a quicker solution or know how to download the data for the boot xp cd plz help and try to keep it simple coz am a new in all this

also if there is a way to get the data off the laptop hard drive onto my pc plz tell me coz i need this data ASAP :S

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,016 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:50 AM

Posted 05 April 2008 - 11:00 PM

Hi Kivvi, and welcome to BleepingComputer.

How about trying a system restore.

Start> All Programs> Accessories> System Tools> System Restore. Choose one of the highlighted dates on the calendar prior to the problem and follow the prompts.

Let us know if you have any trouble.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 kivvi

kivvi
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 05 April 2008 - 11:36 PM

well it doesnt even start up or load windows it just stopes at the blue screen and give me the error msg written above
so there is noway that i could use any thin inside the windows itself
i even tried it at the F8 menu b4 the start up and it dident work the same error msg appeared
same goes to safe mode / safe mode with networking or command prompt / boot logging / vga mode ...etc the rest of the list

Edited by kivvi, 05 April 2008 - 11:44 PM.

#4 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,016 posts
  •  

Posted 05 April 2008 - 11:43 PM

Can you open in safe mode? If not, you could try doing a Last known good configuration, these instructions will help you out.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#5 kivvi

kivvi
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 06 April 2008 - 12:14 AM

non of the above could open neither safe mode nor the last known good configuration it all end up with
the requested operation was non successful

thanx for ur effort :thumbsup:

if u could tell me how to make a boot cd for xp pro sp2 and how to use it that would be gr8 coz i dont think the normal ways of fixing or system restore is gonna work

thanx again

#6 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,016 posts
  •  

Posted 06 April 2008 - 12:54 AM

If you have the installation CD you could run a repair. You may need to access your BIOS and make your CD-ROM the first device in the boot order so that you can boot from the CD.

A side note, this is an international community, and there are those that use translating software or have some difficulty understanding slang or text messaging. Please use proper grammar and spelling, this is one of our forum rules incidentally.

#7 kivvi

kivvi
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 06 April 2008 - 01:54 AM

thank you the problem is that i don't have the original windows XP CD so i need to make a boot CD not Disk
first
i changed the access in the BIOS like you mentioned and the CD-ROM comes first so if anyone knows how to make a boot disk for windows XP professional SP2

#8 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,016 posts
  •  

Posted 06 April 2008 - 04:30 AM

It would help if you would tell us what the make and model of this computer.

Depending of the manufacturer you should be able to get a installation disc from them, they may ship you one for free or charge you a small fee. You will need the certificate of authenticity, this should be located somewhere on or in the computer, it depends on the make and model as to where it will be located.

Another way would be to find someone who has the same type of computer and used their CDs to make the installation, once again, you will need that COA. There is a difference between the retail and OEM CDs for Windows, and if your computer is a Dell, HP..., you will need a OEM version to make the installation. You will also need the CDs for the drivers.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users