Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Router Problems

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 dab4294

dab4294

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:41 AM

Posted 05 April 2008 - 05:30 PM

I have a problem with my computers connection having two computers connected at the same time. I have a WRT54G linksys router. I checked if the DCHP is on. I use a DSL PPoE connecton. on the main router screen i set internet connection type to ppoe and typed in the user name and password and checked keep alive.

then router name WRT54G host name blank. domain name blank. MTu manual. Size 1492

Local ip 192.168.1.1

subnet 255.255.255.0

Dchp server enabled
Starting IP addres 192.168.1.100
maximun number of DCHP users 50

Client lease time 0 (0 means one day)
Static DNS 1-3 all 0s
WINS all 0s

....Although i have it set as PPoE connection on router i still have to make one through new internet connections on computer...please help

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 rf6647

rf6647

• Members
  • 37 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:41 AM

Posted 06 April 2008 - 05:03 PM

PPoE is ok for the dsl modem, if so indicated by the instructions. I would reset the wrt54g router. I do not believe that the home network requires exotic settings. Each computer should be able to access the wrt54g router (assumes each computer is configured to accept auto assignment of IP address).

[edit] I stumbled upon this tidbit. It shows setting up a broadband connection with login/password.

For a church, once the login & password were established from the dsl modem, a router was inserted into the local network. In this configuration, client computers regard this as a LAN internet connection served from the router. When this connection fails in the future, I will need to consider making this accomodation to work directly with the broadband.
[/edit]

Edited by rf6647, 06 April 2008 - 05:50 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users