Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How To Folders File In Outlook 2003

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 merellogalasso

merellogalasso

• Members
  • 270 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:58 AM

Posted 05 April 2008 - 04:52 PM

Could anybody tell me, step by step, how to do for folding every file in Outlook 2003? I have a special file already partially filled (I don't know when and how), but, by now, I cannot get anything to file. Also, I have the respective filed folders in the application, all of them absolutely empty. I click "file" but nothing happens. I have never seen the windows asking me about this issue as said in "help". It's impossible to find anything at this respect in internet. I have thousands of messages in both out and in folders and the applications opens extremely slow. Many thanks and regards.
"There are atoms and vacuum; the rest is opinion"
(Democritus, several centuries before Hume and Kant)

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 merellogalasso

merellogalasso
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 270 posts
  •  

Posted 05 April 2008 - 05:34 PM

I discovered America!!!!!!!!!!!! I already fixed the problem. But, does it makes the application lighter?

Many thanks and regards

Could anybody tell me, step by step, how to do for folding every file in Outlook 2003? I have a special file already partially filled (I don't know when and how), but, by now, I cannot get anything to file. Also, I have the respective filed folders in the application, all of them absolutely empty. I click "file" but nothing happens. I have never seen the windows asking me about this issue as said in "help". It's impossible to find anything at this respect in internet. I have thousands of messages in both out and in folders and the applications opens extremely slow. Many thanks and regards.

#3 merellogalasso

merellogalasso
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 270 posts
  •  

Posted 05 April 2008 - 05:59 PM

I filed many folders, but I realize that not all messages are filed. Why? Also, I supposed that filed messages would disappear from the original folders and they don't. But essentially, why don't all messages get filed? (I mean: I do not find many messages inside the respective "filed folders)that are inside the date for filing. I specified perfectly well, the settings for filing but things do not run as expected.

Many thanks

I discovered America!!!!!!!!!!!! I already fixed the problem. But, does it makes the application lighter?

Many thanks and regards

#4 merellogalasso

merellogalasso
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 270 posts
  •  

Posted 05 April 2008 - 06:38 PM

DECIDEDLY OUTLOOK 2003 FILES ONLY SOME MESSAGES (I DO NOT DISCOVER WHICH ONES). ALSO IT DEPENDS FROM WHERE ONE ORDERS THE ISSUE, THE APPLICATION CONTINUES FILING, BUT ON A SHUFFLE BASSIS. I WOULD BE VERY HAPPY TO DISCOVER WHERE IS THE PRECISE DETAIL, AND CANNOT EXPLAIN MYSELF WHY DOES IT MEAN SO MUCH BOTHERING. I DESIRE TO FILE AND TO PARTIALLY EMPTY MY FOLDERS. MANY THANKS

I filed many folders, but I realize that not all messages are filed. Why? Also, I supposed that filed messages would disappear from the original folders and they don't. But essentially, why don't all messages get filed? (I mean: I do not find many messages inside the respective "filed folders)that are inside the date for filing. I specified perfectly well, the settings for filing but things do not run as expected.

Many thanks

Many thanks and regards

#5 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 36,993 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:58 AM

Posted 07 April 2008 - 08:04 PM

Hello merellogalasso,

I think, but I'm not sure, that I understand what you are asking. Tell me if I do.

You want to file all your messages from your Outlook Inbox to other folders you have created for them, and you would like this to happen automatically. Is that right?

Orange Blossom :thumbsup:
Help us help you. If HelpBot replies, you MUST follow step 1 in its reply so we know you need help.

Orange Blossom

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure

SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Smart Security, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, NoScript Firefox ext., Norton noscript

#6 merellogalasso

merellogalasso
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 270 posts
  •  

Posted 08 April 2008 - 09:49 AM

No, really. There is a special file called "archive.pst" in the hard disk (that apparentli is created automatically), where goes every message it's filed. No troubles there. The problem is as follows:

1.- Only 'some' messages get filed. I do not why. I have never at all seen a window asking me if I want to file or not, as announced in the instructions for filing. Obviously everything is setted correctly.-
2.- These filed messages appear in "filed messengers"'s different folders. Obvioulsy, not the mysteriously "not filed".-
3.- By now Outlook 2003, instead of becoming faster, has become extremely slow. It seems to be just the contrary of what one is looking for. What's, then, the advantage to file messengers?.-

Many thanks and regards

#7 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Members
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:58 AM

Posted 08 April 2008 - 06:27 PM

Remember, you cannot archive anything over 2 gigs
More help
http://www.freeemailtutorials.com/1
http://www.freeemailtutorials.com/2
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#8 merellogalasso

merellogalasso
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 270 posts
  •  

Posted 08 April 2008 - 07:12 PM

Thanks a lot. Messages that do not get archived are simple ones. That's the strange thing. Thanks a lot.

#9 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Members
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here
  • Local time:04:58 AM

Posted 08 April 2008 - 10:38 PM

You mention that Outlook has gotten slower. You may need to compact Outlook.
The following link will give you a brief explanation of compacting and why it needs to be done.

http://email.about.com/od/outlooktips/qt/et_compact_pst.htm

#10 merellogalasso

merellogalasso
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 270 posts
  •  

Posted 09 April 2008 - 12:46 PM

Sensational, Queen Eve. You are actually a real queen. Now what's going on with autoarchiving?

Many regards and kthanks

#11 M...

M...

• Members
  • 386 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:58 AM

Posted 09 April 2008 - 04:38 PM

Hello merellogalasso,

Perhaps the following article from Microsoft may be of some help:

"Description of the AutoArchive feature in Outlook 2007 and in Outlook 2003":

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/830119

0 user(s) are reading this topic