Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

My Messenger

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 hennessy

hennessy

• Members
  • 35 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:19 AM

Posted 05 April 2008 - 11:27 AM

Hello, i am getting the hang of computers, and i am putting my skills to the test. I am creating a messenger, sorta like www.myspace.com. I am strictly using HTML Javascript, and CSS. But, i want other people to help me also. If i get help, i will make you a head administrator in my program. And will have access to everything. I have already started, and just wondering if anyone would like to join. I am so far on the login screen, and i already have links for like "create new account", forgot my password", and stuff like that. My program is for custimization. that way people can have unlimited custimozation. I am also wondering if anyone can help me find a free domain site. i want it so that i can have people go to like "support@blahblah.com
ANyways, please refer to me back. T

Thank You,

You can mail feedback at "****" ( this is just my email as of now) until i get my program running!

Mod Edit: Email address removed to protect against spam ~TMacK

Edited by TMacK, 05 April 2008 - 11:34 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 groovicus

groovicus

• Security Colleague
  • 9,963 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:19 PM

Posted 05 April 2008 - 12:01 PM

There are a few obvious questions that come to mind that would prove useful to anyone that decides they may want to help.
1) What are you using for server side technology?
2) What database are you using
3) What sort of version control are you using?
4) Do you have a development time line in place?
5) What sort of experience do you have that might entice someone to help with your project?

#3 Sp0nge

Sp0nge

• Members
  • 643 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:19 AM

Posted 06 April 2008 - 04:30 AM

Sounds cool :D

Isnt myspace like a social networking site? not a messenger?

When you pay for your webhosting, you can add email addresses like support@blahblah.com, and whatever else you might want.

With that free-domain thing, chipping in 10 bucks for a .com domain at Hostmonster.com isnt much I dont think :thumbsup:
But there's always DotTk.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users