Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

I Think Xp Pro Is The Best Do You?

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 Louismjj

Louismjj

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:42 AM

Posted 05 April 2008 - 02:21 AM

:thumbsup: do u think xp pro is the best

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Juha

Juha

• Members
  • 512 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:42 AM

Posted 05 April 2008 - 01:06 PM

do u think xp pro is the best

Sounds vague to me. The Best... what ???! Well, for sure not better than my mother!

Edited by Juha, 05 April 2008 - 01:08 PM.

#3 DVtriple6

DVtriple6

• Members
  • 42 posts
  •  
  • Location:Inside my computer trying to figure out what things are

Posted 05 April 2008 - 05:40 PM

I think Windows sucks and will keep on sucking no matter what they call'em.. :thumbsup:
Posted Image

#4 Teenage.Zombiee

Teenage.Zombiee

• Members
  • 831 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:42 PM

Posted 05 April 2008 - 11:19 PM

Windows is a crappy operating system all round (I want a mac so so so so bad!)
But if I had to pick the least crappy out of the crappy it would either be XP or 2000 (they are two very fine operating systems)

Teenage.Zombiee is back ! :halloween:

#5 Ltangelic

Ltangelic

Angel Annihilator of Malware

• Members
  • 348 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:42 PM

Posted 06 April 2008 - 04:40 AM

There are always vunerabilities in every OS, so none of them is the best IMO.

LT

Bleepingcomputer Malware Response Team

Posted Image

Posted Image

Please do NOT PM anyone with HJT logs, read this and post your logs here.

#6 yano

yano

I can see what you post!

• Members
  • 6,469 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:42 AM

Posted 06 April 2008 - 11:12 PM

I don't think Windows XP is THE best out there, but it is sure better than Vista.

#7 Kristopher McDougall

Kristopher McDougall

• Members
  • 57 posts
  •  

Posted 07 April 2008 - 12:39 AM

It was sure better than winME LMAO

Yeah, I would agree to say every OS is going to have some issues. XP vs. Vista ... hum, I have been using both and have actually moved to vista on my main computer and have not had any problems, even with installing SP1. It takes more to run than XP but I do not know if that would make it worse.

#8 DVtriple6

DVtriple6

• Members
  • 42 posts
  •  
  • Location:Inside my computer trying to figure out what things are

Posted 07 April 2008 - 09:17 AM

It was sure better than winME LMAO

Yeah, I would agree to say every OS is going to have some issues. XP vs. Vista ... hum, I have been using both and have actually moved to vista on my main computer and have not had any problems, even with installing SP1. It takes more to run than XP but I do not know if that would make it worse.

It doesn't make it worse :flowers:

XP needs better computers than ME but that doesn't make XP worse than the OS known as the crappiest OS ever right?

I prefer Vista to XP any day. Vista has given me problems but with god as my witness so did XP.. Vista uses my hardware in a more efficient way so Vista feels faster than XP ever was even though I managed to get XP to use only 250mb mem and Vista is using 1GB. But as I said earlier in here thread, Windows is gonna suck no matter what it's called. :thumbsup:
Posted Image

#9 Teenage.Zombiee

Teenage.Zombiee

• Members
  • 831 posts
  •  

Posted 07 April 2008 - 10:19 AM

Windows is gonna suck no matter what it's called.

I concur.

#10 raw

raw

Bleeping Hacker

• Members
  • 2,577 posts
  •  

Posted 08 April 2008 - 05:30 PM

There are always vunerabilities in every OS, so none of them is the best IMO.

As far as the security model goes OpenBSD is the most secure right out of the box.
So technically it is the best.

Only two remote holes in the default install, in more than 10 years!
http://www.openbsd.org/index.html

rawsig.png

rawcreations.net          @raw_creations

Current systems: WHAT OS, BackTrack-raw, PCLinuxOS, Peppermint OS 6, Kali Linux

and a custom Linux From Scratch server hosting a bunch of top secret stuff.

#11 xXAlphaXx

xXAlphaXx

• Members
  • 867 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:42 AM

Posted 09 April 2008 - 04:26 PM

Oh no! Not more debate of the best OS!

If yah want to go into a good OS debate you can go to live.pirillo.com

I swere the topic comes up every 20 minutes.

In my opinion Xp Pro, but I have never used any Mac OS or Linux

Edited by xXAlphaXx, 09 April 2008 - 04:27 PM.

If I am helping you and I do not respond within 24 hours, please send me a PM. :)

#12 raw

raw

Bleeping Hacker

• Members
  • 2,577 posts
  •  

Posted 09 April 2008 - 08:45 PM

Not gonna debate, there's plenty of forums for that.
Just making a point.
And of all the Windows versions i've used XP Pro is IMHO the best version.

just not the best operating system /rant :thumbsup:

rawsig.png

rawcreations.net          @raw_creations

Current systems: WHAT OS, BackTrack-raw, PCLinuxOS, Peppermint OS 6, Kali Linux

and a custom Linux From Scratch server hosting a bunch of top secret stuff.

#13 saint satin stain

saint satin stain

• Members
  • 150 posts
  •  

Posted 10 April 2008 - 10:28 AM

Windows is a crappy operating system all round (I want a mac so so so so bad!)
But if I had to pick the least crappy out of the crappy it would either be XP or 2000 (they are two very fine operating systems)

Well I have three Macs, one a 1400cs, an ancient one, and two G4s, which I use as part of Onkyo Tape, Pioneer CD, Denon Tuner, Technics Turntable. and speakers. I am glad that I dont have to work on them, need them for my job. I couldn't afford it. Everytime there is a change in version, more new software to buy. I dont how many security holes there are because no one wants to attack powerpc. Now that Mac is Intel, check the attack vectors found. Go to Secunia and check and not just sling invectives. Some folk accuse Microsoft of monopolistic and paternalistic attitudes. Apple never produced a complete operating system - which I define as one that tries to manage memory automatically, techies know what I'm saying - until OS X. Macs were good for teaching computing basics. But for general use and distribution Microsoft OSs with all their faults were best. They are more flexible, there are more programs developed for them, more freeware. Apple is actually more paternalistic: you can only put our OS on our hardware, and do all things our way, disregarding other ways. I found a few freeware for my purposes for the Macs, but not much. I criticize Microsoft, no corporation, save a very few, gets that huge without some thug in 'em. Yet look what they have done. 98SE, 2000, and XP Pro notable OSs for their times, and inexpensive enough for a lot more folk to afford. I have Macs so I know that every time a new version comes out it is more money. It adds up. Pay Ms once and the versions SP1 and SP2 are free. Me was a dog, and, in a different way, Vista is a dog. Yet I dont prefer Macs over Windows or the reverse; they each have their place.

I want to add a Linux flavor to the networks when I can afford it. The OS is free; I can't afford the hardware yet.

Anyone a partisan Windows or Mac is silly. Though I must say most of the blather is from a very few Mac fanatics. You think Macs superior, so why dont you just compute, email, et cetera with your superior Mac and shut up. Some Mac folk protest too much. Lets see, Macs are superior, but not the biggest sellers; the inferior Windows are huge. Windows users must be fools, eh. I am an old man, but I guess that Unix, in its various mixes, probably dominates. (Even with Macs, eh.)There is the economic angle too. I populate my Windows mostly with freeware, about 85 %. In some cases the freeware is the best, at least, for me. The word processor I use Rough Draft is best for writers. The bells and whistles in Word are for secretaries, not writers. Macs best for music. Windows best for writers.

There is some deep, virulence which compels a few to scream their condemnation of Microsoft and the folks who use its products. Most Mac and Windows users use their machines and OSs without such vulgarity and uneasiness.

My pick is OS X, short of Intel, and XP Pro on AMD. And my friends say that Ubuntu is in my future.

(they are two very fine operating systems)

Ah, your better nature reigns!

saint satin stain
Responsible for what I say,
not for what you understand.
www.leftinalabama.com

#14 Teenage.Zombiee

Teenage.Zombiee

• Members
  • 831 posts
  •  

Posted 10 April 2008 - 10:36 AM

The Mac OS will always have a place in my heart as they were the first OS I learned to use.
However I do not own one therefore I don't think they're the best OS because I know I would still have issues with it.

I populate my Windows mostly with freeware, about 85 %. In some cases the freeware is the best, at least, for me.

I'm the same. Theres so much freeware out there for Windows but there isn't very much for Mac.

Most Mac and Windows users use their machines and OSs without such vulgarity and uneasiness.

And usually the vulgarity and uneasiness causes half of the problems with either OS :thumbsup:

#15 Garric

Garric

• Members
  • 48 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:42 AM

Posted 10 April 2008 - 12:47 PM

well no one will debate that Microsoft OS's tend to have a lot of issues. A number of those issues however, are caused from windows being a popular OS. i.e. most hackers and malware creators target windows users. I don't doubt that if as many people used MAC's as use windows everyone would be complaining about how crappy an OS MACs have. Of the windows OS's though, i would definitely choose XP pro as my favorite.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users