Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Ftp Sync

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Billy O'Neal

Billy O'Neal

Visual C++ STL Maintainer

• Malware Response Team
  • 12,304 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:31 PM

Posted 04 April 2008 - 10:07 PM

Does anyone know of a free way to sync a local directory with an FTP directory?

Several programs will merge local directories with FTP directories, but few will sync the directories. In other words, they will not reflect deletions across the sync relationship.

Because this directory has several hundred MB of data, simply deleting the whole thing and sending it all over again regularly is not an option.

Any ideas?

Billy3
Twitter - My statements do not establish the official position of Microsoft Corporation, and are my own personal opinion. (But you already knew that, right?)
Posted Image

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Samsbc12

Samsbc12

• Members
  • 89 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:31 PM

Posted 19 April 2008 - 06:48 PM

Does anyone know of a free way to sync a local directory with an FTP directory?

Several programs will merge local directories with FTP directories, but few will sync the directories. In other words, they will not reflect deletions across the sync relationship.

Because this directory has several hundred MB of data, simply deleting the whole thing and sending it all over again regularly is not an option.

Any ideas?

Billy3

Bill if you want to explain the situation to me more in detail I would glad to see if I can find you a solution, but I am not really sure what your trying to do.

My first google search found http://www.fileware.com/products.htm will that help?

#3 raw

raw

Bleeping Hacker

• Members
  • 2,577 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:31 PM

Posted 21 April 2008 - 07:28 PM

The program in Linux is rsync.
Here is a link to a Windows compatible:
http://www.aboutmyip.com/AboutMyXApp/DeltaCopy.jsp

rawsig.png

rawcreations.net          @raw_creations

Current systems: WHAT OS, BackTrack-raw, PCLinuxOS, Peppermint OS 6, Kali Linux

and a custom Linux From Scratch server hosting a bunch of top secret stuff.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users