Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Need Help Finding A Gaming Comp Under 1500$

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Camren8321

Camren8321

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:29 PM

Posted 04 April 2008 - 08:58 PM

Yea in anyone has any idea on what i can do please help.
dell, alien ware, hp. any brand just need good stuff.

yea i came up with this
tell me if yall think its good or not?

http://configure.us.dell.com/dellstore/con...&lid=627062

Edited by Camren8321, 04 April 2008 - 09:46 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Sterling14

Sterling14

• Members
  • 1,842 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:29 PM

Posted 05 April 2008 - 08:06 AM

That looks pretty good. If your going to be playing the latest and greatest games though, you might want to get at least 3gb of ram. You can buy 1gb of ram and put it in yourself for about 25$, if you want to save money.

Also, that processor is pretty nice, but the quad core for only 50$ more is kind of tempting. More and more applications coming out utilize more cores. the E8200, might be a bit faster for certain things, but the Q6600 is more future proof, I think. If you don't feel like spending the extra money though, the E8200 should be fine.

The 8800Gt is a very nice video card too. It will play all the latest games pretty well.
"I think there is a world market for maybe five computers." - Thomas Watson, Chairman of IBM, 1943

#3 terrordv

terrordv

• Members
  • 89 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:29 PM

Posted 05 April 2008 - 10:55 PM

just so you know "alienware" is dell now. there techs are dell i called in ones becouse a vid fan died at the end they said thank you for calling dell. that pc looks good.
the 8800gt is a good card just installed them on a friends pc with amost the same set up as the one you linked. it runs ever thing will. ifyour going to run vista use readyboost it does help some.
as with duo and quad core heres a good link might be of some help. http://www.tomshardware.com/2007/11/08/dual_vs_quad/
im getting the quad my self as i have tested both cpus in my pc quad just seams to run smother.

#4 brooksey!!!

brooksey!!!

• Members
  • 186 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:29 AM

Posted 08 April 2008 - 07:11 AM

Hi. Dell XPS are crap, from what iv'e heard, But they are cheaper than any other gaming computer i know of! I think custom boulding one from scratch is quite cheap, as my friend did it a while back. Not sure if this is what you want to do though....
Alienware is very expensive too, but equals it out with great quality and performance.
You clould try Asus, but im not really sure if they are for gaming...
Sorry, i havent really been very helpful here!

#5 zedsed420

zedsed420

• Members
  • 96 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:29 PM

Posted 13 April 2008 - 01:29 PM

If you are going to purchase a "prefab" gaming system and price is a major concern you might wanna check these guy's out.
http://www.ibuypower.com/mall/lobby.htm
I personally don't buy mine "prefab" since a great gaming system can be built for MUCH less.
Also, I have never bought anything from these guys so check them out first but I can't seem to find any sites that are more cost effective than this site.

Asus Crosshair III  Motherboard, AMD PhenomII x4 965 custom watercooled XSPC Raystorm copper block,  8g Mushkin Blackline
2 XFX Radeon 4890's in Crossfire mode custom watercooled full copper EK blocks,  XSPC rs360 triple 120 radiator 
850w Antec full modular 80plus certified,  NZXT Switch Black case  Custom Watercooled Laing DDC w/ XSPC pumptop res

Tygon black tubing,  all Bitspower fittings and clamps, 2 Samsung 1T spinpoint F1's 

Windows 7 Professional x64 dual boot Ubuntu 12.10

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users