Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Virus Heat

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 GunnyHighway

GunnyHighway

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:08 AM

Posted 04 April 2008 - 07:13 PM

I am having problems with http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/130080/how-to-remove-virusheat-removal-instructions/ (Virus Heat). The guide is very great first off. Second I have all the symptoms in the link except when I first got this problem I went straight to safe mode to remove it and upon rebooting I get to safe mode where u can chose safe mode or reroll or whatnot but I cant use my keyboard to go to safe mode. The blue screen im getting after the safe mode times out but its to fast to read the error. I assume its the same as the link. But after the bluescreen it reboots and goes to windows and goes to bluescreen and then back to safe mode screen again. I assume it has forced me into a driver error with my keyboard and something else. How can I get past this problem to get into safe mode itself?

Any help would be appreciated.

p.s. If I still had access to another pc I would scan the drive for virus's with that one but atm its not an option.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 37,109 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:08 AM

Posted 07 April 2008 - 11:19 PM

Hello GunnyHighway and welcome to BC :thumbsup:

Are you able to boot into Normal Mode?

What is your operating system: Windows XP, Vista, etc.?

Orange Blossom :flowers:
Help us help you. If HelpBot replies, you MUST follow step 1 in its reply so we know you need help.

Orange Blossom

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure

SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Internet Security, NoScript Firefox ext.

animinionsmalltext.gif

#3 GunnyHighway

GunnyHighway
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 10 April 2008 - 06:39 PM

windows xp

I cant boot to windows mode soon as i start to i get the blue screen but it goes so fast i cant read it. then it reboots and goes to safe mode where i cant use my keyboard. and so it times out and goes back to the bluescreen in a cycle.

#4 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,561 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:08 AM

Posted 10 April 2008 - 09:53 PM

Hello I can tell you a couple of things to try.
A repair Install from recovery console. Perform a Windows XP Repair Install
You will need your Microsoft Windows CD-ROM, you can get to the Recovery Console by booting from that CD. When you told to Press any key to boot from CD,do so. At the Welcome to Setup screen, press r for Repair.

If you don't have your XP CD you can download an ISO of the Recovery Console files from here..
Recovery Console ISO file
Burn it as an image to a disk to get a bootable CD which will startup the Recovery Console for troubleshooting and fixing purposes.

Obviously you will need access to another computer.

Which in that case you can make make a Bootable Floppy disk off another Xp machine.(no promise this will boot). See the BC tutorial-How to create a floppy boot disk in Windows
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#5 DaChew

DaChew

Visiting Alien

• Members
  • 10,317 posts
  •  

Posted 10 April 2008 - 10:26 PM

where i cant use my keyboard

beg, borrow, buy or steal a standard ps2 keyboard

keep it later, they are a necessity

you'll need it for safe mode or recovery console

did you froce a safe mode boot by using msconfig?

Edited by DaChew, 10 April 2008 - 10:53 PM.

Chewy

No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users