Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Disabling Internet Access

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3 replies to this topic

#1 Shyntwyss

Shyntwyss

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:37 PM

Posted 04 April 2008 - 05:28 AM

Greetings.

I was wondering if there is any way of disabling one's internet access without having to unplug the cable or disabling the connection in the ''Network Connections'' thing that shows all the available connections (Like Local Area Connecton). I need a form of retaliation for my brother, who decided to disconnect my cable when he gets home because he's 'lagging' every time I'm using my computer after 8pm. I want to tell him that if I'm not allowed on the net at that time, neither will he. Is there any way of blocking his access so that he doesn't realise how I did it and wont be able to go online?

Thanks in advance.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ruby1

ruby1

a forum member

• Members
  • 2,375 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:37 PM

Posted 04 April 2008 - 07:48 AM

I do not wish to disrespect you but surely this matter is one for your parents ( or the responsible adults in the house) to deal with ?

I beleive we are here to give and receive support and help for those who have problems with their computers , and not to be arbitrators in 'family disputes', which this appears to be ?

#3 Shyntwyss

Shyntwyss
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  

Posted 04 April 2008 - 09:33 AM

My parents don't use the internet at all, and they don't wish to argue with any of us. So I guess it's a matter to solve between the two of us, and that's the only reason I'm asking whether I can to anything other than let him cut me off the internet.

#4 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 52,053 posts
  •  

Posted 04 April 2008 - 10:08 AM

I need a form of retaliation for my brother,

As ruby1 said, this is not why we are here. Either speak with your brother or ask your parents to get involved in resolving this regardless of whether or not they use the Internet. This thread is closed. If you have a question, then PM me or another Moderator.
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users