Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Icons And Lentbar Error!

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 alex_desktop error

alex_desktop error

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:30 PM

Posted 04 April 2008 - 03:50 AM

:inlove: Please HELP!I am not american and i am not very good in the english! :trumpet:
I have a problem with my desktop lenth bar and the icons!!!!!!!
Here is how the problem begins:
I download freeware programs for speeding up my PC,like cleaning the registry, fixing problems,temporary I fyles and other.
Now my problem begins, when i switch the prgram to clean problem files.When was done, i restart my PC to take effect,but when the windows start,the icons and the lentbar was gone!!!!! :thumbsup: :cool:
I thry allmost everything posobly to be the problem,BUT NOTHING FIX IT!!!!!!!!!!!
Oh,and when i open windows task maneger, select "new task" i go to the icon "my computer",right click on it and EXPLORE.Them my desktop icons and the lenth bar shows,but then the both thing starts to blinking and on the desktop shows this error:
"Windows cannot find "/e,/idlist,:820:3456,:.Make sure you typed the name correctly,and then try again. To search for a file,click the Start button, and then click Search." And other like that i write!

Please HELP
:flowers:

Edited by alex_desktop error, 04 April 2008 - 03:55 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,810 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:30 AM

Posted 04 April 2008 - 04:56 AM

Hi Alex, and welcome to BleepingComputer.

This is one of the problems with registry cleaners if they are not use properly, they can delete important files.

Try doing a system restrore. Start> All Programs> Accessories> System Tools> System Restore. Click on a highlighted date that precedes this use of the registry cleaner and follow the prompts.

If this fails try do a last known good configuration. You can find instructions here.

Edited by dc3, 04 April 2008 - 04:56 AM.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 alex_desktop error

alex_desktop error
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 04 April 2008 - 01:56 PM

Thanks,BUT AND THAT DO NOT WORK!!!! :trumpet: :thumbsup: :flowers:
Tell another things if you konw!

#4 alex_desktop error

alex_desktop error
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 04 April 2008 - 02:02 PM

Please HELP!I am not american and i am not very good in the english! :trumpet:
I have a problem with my desktop lenth bar and the icons!!!!!!!
Here is how the problem begins:
I download freeware programs for speeding up my PC,like cleaning the registry, fixing problems,temporary I fyles and other.
Now my problem begins, when i switch the prgram to clean problem fiels.When was done a restart my PC to take efect,but when the windows start,the icons and the lentbar was gone!!!!! :flowers: :thumbsup:
I thry all mst everything posobly to be the problem,BUT NOTHING FIX IT!!!!!!!!!!!
Oh,and when i open windows task maneger, select "new task" i go to the icon "my computer",right click on it and EXPLORE.Them my desktop icons and the lenth bar shows,but then the both thing starts to blinking and on the desktop shows this error:
"Windows cannot find "/e,/idlist,:820:3456,:.Make sure you typed the name correctly,and then try again. To search for a file,click the Start button, and then click Search."

#5 Billy O'Neal

Billy O'Neal

Visual C++ STL Maintainer

• Malware Response Team
  • 12,304 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:30 AM

Posted 04 April 2008 - 02:18 PM

I cannot recommend the usage of registry cleaners / tools due to the following facts:
  • Registry tools can cause irreparable damage to your Operating System
  • Registry tools can, as a result of the above, render your pc to be inoperable.
These "tweaking tools" have corrupted important parts of your registry.
If these tools take backups, you should tell them to restore the backups. If the problem persists, please report back here.

To start the explorer shell manually (so that you can get to your tools to restore the backups):
Press <control> + <alt> + <delete>
Click "New Task".
Type
C:\Windows\Explorer.exe
into the dialog box.
Click OK.

Please report back here with the results :thumbsup:

Billy3
Twitter - My statements do not establish the official position of Microsoft Corporation, and are my own personal opinion. (But you already knew that, right?)
Posted Image

#6 mme

mme

• Members
  • 400 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:30 PM

Posted 04 April 2008 - 02:38 PM

Hi
What type of cleaner did you use
some cleaners even registry cleaners have a back-up
or a rescue recovery feature in its program
there maybe a chance the registry cleaner you used has one

#7 alex_desktop error

alex_desktop error
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 06 April 2008 - 12:01 PM

the programs are "Advanced Windows Care V2 personal" and "registry cleaner"
I was so stupid to turn off system restore before to have that problem!!!!! :thumbsup: :flowers: :trumpet: :inlove: :cool:
If somebody knows other thing lets write them here!!! pls pls pls pls pls pls :)

Edited by alex_desktop error, 07 April 2008 - 05:21 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users